BROADBAND AN OVERVIEW
What Consumer Desires
1. A robust definition of BROADBAND.
2. Criteria for defining broadband like Upload Speed, PING, Jitter, SNR Margin, Line Attenuation, Availability (24x7), Fluctuation within a 24 hour period etc. in line with international practices.
3. Criteria for Broadband using basic floor parameters compatible with international standards like a minimum speed of say 1 Mbps etc.
4. The ISPs to provide tools to consumers to monitor the parameters on their own to ensure that promised services are delivered to them.
5. Tariffs to be regulated in line with internationally operating tariffs. The criteria for tariff fixation should be-
• Prevailing tariffs in major developed as well as comparable developing countries.
• Prevailing voice/broadband tariff ratios for major countries.
• Primary aim to grow the broadband subscriber base.
6. Quality of Service (QoS)-
7. To Stimulate demand for broadband-
1. Regulatory framework-