Latest from our Real Estate Blog
CONFLICT BETWEEN THE PROVISIONS OF INSOLVENCY AND BANKRUPTCY CODE, 2016 AND REAL ESTATE (REGULATION AND DEVELOPMENT) ACT, 2016
Multiple laws have been enacted in our country in the past few years, examples of which are Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act, Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act, 2016 and Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017. With the enactment of multiple Acts some provisions of the different laws are
If there are deficiencies in your flat ,complain within 2 Years of possession
Any complaint against the builder must be made within 2 years of taking possession of the flat. If the buyer delays in filing of case against the builder for late delivery or other shortcomings in the flat, it is bound to be dismissed on
Case Studies: Flat buyers can unite as one party against builders under Section 12 of CPA Act
This article will showcase case studies on flat buyers who can unite as one party against builders under section 12 of CPA Act.In a major relief for aggrieved homebuyers, justices Dipak Misra, AM Khanwilkar and MM Shantanagoudar of the Supreme Court have ruled (in
Supreme Court cautions Unitech homebuyers: Consumers Don’t Expect to Profit from Your Loss
The dispute between homebuyers and real estate players has now skewed in favour of homebuyers, thanks to various Supreme Court judgements. The apex court acknowledges the suffering that homebuyers are going through for not receiving the possession of their flats. At the same time, it is important to
Relief for Buyers as Supreme Court stays Insolvency Proceedings Against Jaypee
Here is some relief for home buyers of Jaypee Infratech as the Supreme Court on September 4th, 2017 stayed the insolvency proceedings against Jaypee Infratech after the judgment passed by National Company Law Tribunal, Allahabad at the instance of IDBI Bank Limited. Being unsecured creditors as opposed to
Section 12 Consumer Protection Act – Legal Boost to Unionisation of Consumers
Corresponding with the increase in exploitation of flat buyers by several unscrupulous builders, a large number of buyers have commenced litigation against builders. Since it may be difficult to fight a builder alone, consumers have taken advantage of the provision under Section 12 (1) (b) of Consumer Protection
- Guide to Buying a Safer Car
- A Comprehensive Guide for Retirement Planning in India
- Delhi High Court Asks Railways to Create a Mediation Policy
- How to Wash Clothes | Laundry Tips that Anyone Can Try
- Smart TV Converter | Convert TV to Smart TV
- Smart TV Buying Guide: What is a Smart TV? | Smart TV Features
- Reliable Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna Bank List
- Case Study: Consumer can’t claim compensation if the “Necessary Parties” are not included in the Consumer Court Case
- Retailer ordered to compensate for selling cake post expiry date
- Delhi consumer court fines government department for deficiency in service
- Understanding the Cooperative Banking Structure in India
- List of Cooperative Banks in India
- Cooperative Banks: Cooperative Banking meaning, their limitations and how are they different from commercial banks
- CONFLICT BETWEEN THE PROVISIONS OF INSOLVENCY AND BANKRUPTCY CODE, 2016 AND REAL ESTATE (REGULATION AND DEVELOPMENT) ACT, 2016
- All You Need to Know About Filing GST Return Online
- GST FAQs – What is GST, Benefits, Implementation and More
- How to do GST Registration Online and Get a GST Number?
- Rancidity: Effects on health and tips to avoid rancidity
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana (ABY) | National Health Protection Mission
- What are E-Cigarettes or Vapour Smoke and what are the health hazards of E-Cigarettes?
- Ban E-Cigarettes to Secure Future
- Beware of Additional GST on MRP and Discounted MRP Levied by Unethical Retailers
- Haj pilgrims are not consumers, can’t claim refund, says top consumer court
- Ban on growth drug oxytocin from July 1
- All You Need to Know About a 401K Plan
- All You Need to Know About National Pension Scheme
- What is Rice Bran Oil?
- Buying Guide: Laptop Features, Types of Laptops and more
- Are you a SMART Consumer ?
- Study by Consumer VOICE Revealed upto 85% adulteration in Loose Edible Oils
- Buying Guide: How to choose the best retirement plans
- Living Will becomes crucial since Passive Euthanasia is legal in India now
- Types of Perfumes and Fragrances: The scent of sweet somethings, but there may be a catch
- Ban on e-cigarette announced by Health Minister Shri Vijay Bhaskar in the state of Tamilnadu
- Is your toothpaste healthy? Do you know the harmful ingredients toothpaste can have?
- Buying Guide: Smartphones – features and Operating Systems
- Delhi high court asks railways to set up a mediation policy after deciding 30 years accident claim
- National Workshop on Road Safety – 19th June, New Delhi
- Buying Guide: How to get the Best Top up Medical Insurance Plan?
- What happens to Fixed Deposits in case banks or finance companies go bankrupt?
- Time is Right for Making Road Safety a National Priority
- Alcohol bottles will start carrying ‘don’t drink & drive’ label
- Hundreds of fridges, freezers and fridge freezers currently on sale in shops across the UK are potentially unsafe
- WHO releases REPLACE programme to eliminate industrially-produced trans-fat acids from food supply
- World No Tobacco Day 2018
- Key Differences Between Mediation and Arbitration
- Consumer Interest Protected by National Company Law Appellate Tribunal
- What are cornflakes? How are they made?
- Bank must compensate woman for sharing info with estranged husband
- Railways must compensate for dosa served with iron screw
- Tobacco Breaks Hearts
- What is 80c?
- Buying Guide for Coffee Makers ( Coffee Machines)
- How to Apply for a PAN Card Online?
- Packers and Movers are Service Providers : Some cases of Negligence
- Railways can’t be blamed for chain snatching through window: NCDRC
- Raw fruit and vegetables beneficial for mental health
- Artificial sweeteners can still lead to obesity and diabetes, study claims
- Currency notes likely to cause diseases: Food safety authority
- Good news for pensioners: Medical reimbursement cannot be denied because treatment was in non- empanelled hospital
- File Income Tax Return Online with These Simple Steps
- Have a Grievance against a NBFC? There is an Ombudsman to go to
- Not Allowed to Board a Flight? The airline could be at fault
- If there are deficiencies in your flat ,complain within 2 Years of possession
- Can Consumer Forums Set Aside the Arbitration Clause?
- Do you know the ingredients in your shampoo?
- Latest Income Tax Slabs
- Learn Facts About Coffee
- Know the best coffee makers (coffee machine) between 900 to 4K
- Everything you need to know about packaged milk
- Case Studies: Flat buyers can unite as one party against builders under Section 12 of CPA Act
- Consumer Voice Urges Nitin Gadkri To Join Hands With The UN General Assembly In Their Resolution To Tackle Global Road Safety Problem
- Guidelines of Dietary Salt for Indians by WHO and National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad
- Hyderabad Forum slaps Rs 50,000 fine on insurance company
- No need to pay extra for bottled water at cinemas, malls and airports: Ram Vilas Paswan
- Abide by what you say: Consumer court directs Chhattisgarh Housing Board
- Consumers can approach civil and consumer courts too for compensation in case denied boarding: DGCA
- Commercial Vehicle Insurance Claim Process
- Parabens or Preservatives: in your food and makeup
- What Does the Package Commercial Car Insurance Policy Offer?
- What is the inverter technology in air conditioners?
- Introducing ISEER Rating – Indian Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio
- The Advantages and Disadvantages of an Inverter AC
- 10 Tips to have the most energy efficient AC to lower the electricity bill
- How to Install an AC: Principles of AC Installation
- Adoption of the United Nations General Assembly resolution on road safety by India
- Consumer VOICE and its State Partners Hail the Ministry’s Decision on Pictorial Warning on Cigarette Packs
- NOTE and Consumer VOICE meet in Goa on tobacco control and role of media
- Common Symptoms of Diabetes and Types of Diabetes
- Food Advertisements complaints reported on Advertising Standard Council of India ( ASCI) portal
- Media Sensitization – Press Meet at Chandigarh on 30th March, 2018
- Consumer VOICE’s Rejoinder to TRAI White Paper on Measurement of Internet Data Speeds
- The NEW CONSUMER PROTECTION BILL, 2018
- SUPREME COURT ON 13.03.2018 EXTENDS DEADLINE OF 31.03.2018 FOR MANDATORY LINKAGE OF AADHAAR WITH BANK ACCOUNTS, MOBILE AND PAN TILL THE DISPOSAL OF AADHAAR CASES
- Builders can’t force Buyers to go for Arbitration
- Press Meet on Tobacco Intervention at Chennai Press Club on 27 th Feb 2018
- SBI guilty of deficiency in service
- Forums in Delhi are faced with a backlog of 18,000 cases
- WORLD CONSUMER RIGHTS DAY 2018- WORKSHOP ON “NEED FOR BETTER QUALITY OF INTERNET SERVICES TO MAKE INDIA TRULY DIGITAL