People who are going abroad or opting for international travel often wonder whether they can opt for overseas travel insurance for pre-existing conditions. Well, the answer is yes. You must opt for overseas travel insurance even if you have pre-existing conditions. Here is a list of things you need to know about overseas travel insurance for pre-existing conditions.
What is a Pre-Existing Medical Condition?
A pre-existing medical condition can be any condition you are aware of, a condition for which you are undergoing treatment, a condition for which you had a surgery or might opt for one and a condition for which you are taking regular medications. Some examples of pre-existing conditions are hypertension, diabetes, eczema, etc.
Who Can Qualify for Overseas Travel Insurance for Pre-Existing Conditions?
If your condition is stable, then you can get overseas travel insurance for pre-existing conditions. In order to be stable, there should be no new medications, diagnosis or prescribed treatment, the frequency of medication or treatment shouldn’t be changed, the reports should not deteriorate, no new referral to a specialist, no need for further hospitalization and you should not be awaiting results of any tests.
Things to Know Before Buying an Overseas Travel Insurance for Pre-Existing Conditions
- Choose a reliable service provider who has a good reputation in the market
- Make sure that you can easily afford the premiums in the long run
- See to it that the coverage you get is maximum possible available in patients like you
- Read the policy before buying the overseas travel insurance for pre-existing conditions or get it examined by an expert to know about any hidden details (like hidden fees)
- Examine the policy to know in what circumstances can the claim be rejected to ensure that you don’t make silly mistakes that can be made an excuse to deny your claim
- Be honest about the status of your medical condition at all the time. Even a small lie can lead to outright rejection of your claim when you really need the money
In essence, it can be said that buying overseas travel insurance for pre-existing conditions is a smart move if you don’t want to end up paying high medical bills in a developed nation like the US where even a single day stay in a hospital can cost thousands of dollars. If your pre-existing condition is stable and you do some research, you can easily get a genuine and useful overseas travel insurance for pre-existing conditions.