Latest from our Consumer Durables Blog
How to Choose Your TV Channels Wisely
Selecting channels for cable TV based on a consumer’s preference was limited in the last few years. A consumer was bound to buy channels in packs and pay for even the channels that he or she didn’t want. Now, the tables have turned in favor of the consumer
Difference Between Solar Inverter and Normal Inverter
When you plan to buy an inverter for your home or commercial space, the first question that pops into your mind is what is the difference between solar inverter and normal inverter. This question doesn’t have a single answer as everything from the operations to inverter battery varies
Should You Go for Front Loading or Top Loading Washing Machine
When you decide to finally shop for a washing machine and get rid of the hassle of washing clothes by hand, one question that comes to mind is which one should you opt for front loading washing machine or top loading washing machine. Here, we try to find
Want to Save on Utility Bills? Here’s What You Can Do to Boost Energy Efficiency in Washing Machine
One of the few things that makes people anxious is the rising cost of the utility bills. If you are also among those countless Indians who want to reduce the energy spending of their homes then you should read on to know how to boost energy efficiency in
Top Washing Machine Features in Demand Right Now
Buying a washing machine is one of the key decisions for a household because if you make a wrong decision, changing it can cost you a lot more than money. So, it is advised that you do thorough research on what washing machine features you need most and
Things to Keep in Mind Before Buying your TV
There are several things that you need to keep in mind while buying your TV. These days one is spoilt with choice whether it is brand, size or technology. However, there are still two important factors that one needs to keep in mind before thinking of buying a
Is Your Utensil Bar Environmentally Friendly? How to Check?
Using a utensil bar to clean utensils is the most common practice in the world, and most of us prefer to buy a utensil bar from the market. Only a few of us has the time or inclination to create it at home (which is quite easy when
Utensil Bar Soap vs. Utensil Liquid Washers: Which One Should You Go For?
Utensil-cleaning products are formulations in powder, bar, paste or liquid form, containing a cleansing agent like synthetic detergent, soap, SLS, etc., along with powdered, mildly abrasive materials (optional in case of liquid). These are used primarily for cleaning of utensils and crockery, and secondarily for kitchen shelf and
Buying Guide: Types of Water Purifiers – RO, UV, UF and Candle Filter
Some of us boil water before drinking it; some of us are resigned to buying packaged water regularly; and some of us invest in water filters and water purifiers. The last mentioned is a relatively expensive proposition but consumers are opting for it because it is considered to
Buying Guide: Kitchen Chimney Price, Capacity, Comparison of Models and more
This Buying Guide compiled by our experts lists the most important aspects that you need to consider before buying a kitchen Chimney and also includes tips to improve the efficiency of a kitchen chimney once in use.
An electric chimney or cooker hood is attached right above
How to Wash Clothes | Laundry Tips that Anyone Can Try
Washing clothes seem like a huge chore for some people, and some people haven’t found the right way to do it. If you are also curious to know how to wash clothes, then the following laundry tips will help you out. You will also get answers to questions
Smart TV Buying Guide: What is a Smart TV? | Smart TV Features
A Smart TV is an internet-connected television that offers a range of online features, such as on-demand content from apps like BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub and All 4. It has access to streaming video services like Amazon Prime and Netflix, and the ability to connect to other wireless
Buying Guide: Laptop Features, Types of Laptops and more
Things to keep top of mind when buying a Laptop
To start off, you want to figure out what you will be using it for. Will you use it for personal or professional purpose? Or will you use it for gaming? Everyone wants the best performance, sure, but
Types of Perfumes and Fragrances: The scent of sweet somethings, but there may be a catch
With their exquisite packaging, appealing advertisements and catchy punch lines, perfumes are made almost irresistible for consumers. There has been a significant increase in demand for different types of fragrances in India. Reason enough for consumers to be aware about certain facts related to perfumes and fragrances and
Is your toothpaste healthy? Do you know the harmful ingredients toothpaste can have?
Have you ever wondered what the ingredients of your toothpaste are? Do you know why most food items taste bitter after brushing your teeth? Is it possible that some of the ingredients in the toothpaste are harmful even? Read on to know how to pick suitable toothpaste from
Buying Guide: Smartphones – features and Operating Systems
Mobile or smartphone industry is highly competitive and the consumers are really confused with such a massive range of brands and models available. We have compiled a Buying Guide that lists all the important features of a Smartphone and Smartphone Operating Systems, thus making it simpler for you
Hundreds of fridges, freezers and fridge freezers currently on sale in shops across the UK are potentially unsafe
The consumer body Which? has described 250 of the most popular fridges and freezers on sale in the UK as ‘potentially unsafe’, adding that they could be putting lives at risk. The organisation has demanded that retailers immediately stop selling the models it identified after an investigation showed
Do you know the ingredients in your shampoo?
In most households the shampoo is a basic necessity and one doesn’t normally give much thought as to what its ingredients are. However, it is now an established fact that most of the shampoos in the market are loaded with chemicals that have adverse
Know the best coffee makers (coffee machine) between 900 to 4K
You start out by thinking it’s only about an appliance that will give you your daily cup of coffee, so their can’t be much to ponder about. Then, when you do some research, you realize there is a whole world of brands out there
What is the inverter technology in air conditioners?
The inverter technology (or DC inverter) is the latest evolution of technology concerning the electromotor of compressors. An inverter is used to control the speed of the compressor motor, so as to continuously regulate the temperature. The DC inverter units have a variable-frequency drive
Introducing ISEER Rating – Indian Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio
The Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) has introduced a new star-rating methodology called Indian Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (ISEER) for air conditioners. This methodology factors in variance in higher temperatures in India and rates air conditioners accordingly. Consumers can now purchase air conditioners with
The Advantages and Disadvantages of an Inverter AC
Advantages of Inverter AC
About 30 per cent to 50 per cent cheaper to run as it consumes less power compared to a conventional AC
No voltage fluctuation caused by compressor
Maintains constant room temperature
Efficient cooling and heating
Can be run on solar panels
10 Tips to have the most energy efficient AC to lower the electricity bill
Electricity bills in summer shot up due to the use of ACs or Air Conditioners. However you can control this by implementing a few best practices. Following tips will will help you to have the most energy efficient ACs which in turn will lower
How to Install an AC: Principles of AC Installation
Consider installation costs and requirements when you’re shopping around. Here are some things to remember:
Most traders offer supply and install packages, and some installation only. Installation must be done by a company’s licensed air conditioner installer, due to the refrigerant gas
Microwave Oven Buying Guide
Microwave ovens are all about convenience. Whether you want to warm leftovers, make soup, tea or coffee, make instant snacks like popcorn, or cook some kebabs or paneer tikka, no other appliance makes it as easy as a microwave. It fits into our rushed lives like a glove,
Home Air Purifier – Important Terms to know
Point to consider
Of primary concern are the other aspects of air cleaners including hazardous gaseous byproducts, noise level, frequency of filter replacement, and electrical consumption. Ozone production is typical of air-ionizing purifiers. Although a high concentration of ozone is dangerous, most air
FAQs on Solar Photovoltaic System
Consumer VOICE experts present you the most comprehensive solar rooftop system buying guide that tells about the solar panel price, cost of installation of solar panels on rooftop, metering, maintenance, link to the suppliers and contractors and much more.
Solar Rooftop System Buying Guide
Consumer VOICE experts present you the most comprehensive solar rooftop system buying guide that tells about the solar panel price, cost of installation of solar panels on rooftop, metering, maintenance, link to the suppliers and contractors and much more.
Where to start from
Necessity of energy efficiency star labeling in India
The Energy Efficiency Standard & Labeling (S & L) program has been successfully implemented in many countries and has brought significant impacts in terms of availability of higher quality energy efficient products in the market places resulting in energy as well as money savings
- World No Tobacco Day 2019
- Is India ready for E-commerce?
- Lourdes Society Snehanjali Girls Hostel and ANR Vs M/s. H & R Johnson (India)
- National Insurance Co.Ltd vs Hindustan Safety Glass Works
- Moulivakkam Trust Heights Flats Affected Buyers Association & Other
- Ambrish Kumar Shukla & 21 ors. Vs. Ferrous Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd.
- Right to Online Privacy Without Rules
- 7 Things you should know before buying a Health Insurance Policy
- Types of Toothpastes
- Medicated Toothpastes – Pros and Cons
- Wrong Diagnosis Is Not Medial Negligence- Supreme Court
- Buyer Can’t Wait Indefinitely For Flat, Supreme Court Asks Developer To Refund The Amount Along With Interest
- Free Speech Cannot Be Silenced By Fear Of Mob: SC Fines Mamata Government For Shadow Ban On Political Satire
- Charging For Paper Carry Bags Amounts To Unfair Trade Practice; Consumer Forum Fines Bata Rs. 9000
- Importance of health insurance in India
- Why Are Co-Operative Banks in India Essential for the Country?
- You Won’t Believe How Beneficial Food Fortification Can Be!
- English Magazine August 2019
- English Magazine July 2018
- E-Cigarettes Survey Report
- 13 Reasons Why You Need to File Income Tax in India
- Frauds in Indian Education Sector and How to Stay Away from Them
- 5 tips to keep your skin healthy this summer
- Foods to Avoid During the Indian Summer
- FSSAI Announces New Packaging Regulations 2018
- English January 2019
- Big Tobacco-Tiny Targets Survey State Dissemination-Madhya Pradesh
- Big Tobacco-Tiny Targets study survey study dissemination – Tamil Nadu
- Pros and Cons of Branded Curd: Should You Buy One?
- How to Beat the Heat with Curd?
- Facts About Nutrients in Curd: It’s Truly Worth It!
- It’s time for consumers to wake up from their deep slumber!
- Curd vs. Yogurt vs. Probiotics: The Ultimate Faceoff
- Health Ministry Issues Advisory to States to Ban E-Cigarettes
- Big Tobacco-Tiny Targets Survey State Dissemination in Gujarat
- Big Tobacco-Tiny Targets Survey State Dissemination in Assam
- Home loans for low credit scores
- National commission directed builder to pay heavy damage for duping the consumer
- Apex Consumer Court Directed SBI To De-Freeze Pensioner’s Account Stating That “Pension Is For Survival Which Cannot Be Attached”
- Supreme court enhanced award of compensation and said it cannot go restrictive just because the victim is from poor and rural background
- Builders Can’t Give Excuse Of Approvals, Delay Flats On The Ground Of Force Majeure
- English Magazine Preview January 2019
- Panel Discussion – Consumers Should Be Protected Through Strong Laws
- Is Artificial Intelligence a friend or foe?
- Home Loans – Requirements and Eligibility
- Different types of Home Loans in India
- In the memory of late Professor P.K. Ghosh
- Ombudsman Scheme for Digital Transactions (OSDT)
- Organic Foods – Can they all be termed ‘organic’?
- Smart TV
- Frost Free DD Refrigerator
- Smart Products – a Boon or a Bane
- State Level Workshop for Sensitization Of Stakeholders to Support Tobacco Vendor Licensing Vijaywada, Andhra Pradesh
- City Level Workshop for Sensitization Of Stakeholders to Support Tobacco Vendor Licensing Tirupathi, Andhra Pradesh
- Classic Cornflakes Biscuit Recipe
- Importance of Travel Insurance for Overseas Travel for Students
- Indian Consumers: Arise, Awake To Urge Adaption Of Consumer Protection Bill
- Remembering Victims on WDR – OPEd in Financial Express by Parvesh Verma
- RERA – What, Who and How
- Homebuyers Are Not Allowed To Reap Benefits Of Their Own Delay In Taking Possession- Supreme Court
- Ordinance on Road Safety
- Things You Should Know About Pressure Washer Surface Cleaner
- Types of Surface Cleaners
- Things You Should Know About When Considering Overseas Travel Insurance for Pre-Existing Conditions
- NCLT DELHI INITIATES INSOLVENCY PROCESS AGAINST EMAAR MGF LAND
- Insolvency proceedings against real estate firm Emaar MGF Land
- Filing of ‘Class Action’ Consumer Complaints
- Filing of ‘Class Action’ Consumer Complaints
- 7 Simple Ways to Use Your Television Efficiently
- How to Choose Your TV Channels Wisely
- Pros and Cons of Surface Cleaners
- How to Find Health Insurance for International Student Travel
- Making the Smart Choice – Select the best surface cleaner
- Cornflakes – Your Morning Friend or Foe?
- From the Factory to the Bowl – The Process of making cornflakes
- Evidence for health benefits of non-sugar sweeteners weak
- Maggi controversy: SC revives government’s case against Nestle India in National Commission
- A curious case of erroneous verdicts, wrong interpretations and arzi-farzi proxy counsels
- Personal Income Tax Provisions for FY 2018–19
- City Level Workshop for Sensitization Of Stakeholders to Support Tobacco Vendor Licensing in Assam
- Does Your Food Claim Too Much?
- State Level Workshop for Sensitization Of Stakeholders to Support Tobacco Vendor Licensing Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- City Level Workshop for Sensitization Of Stakeholders to Support Tobacco Vendor Licensing in Madhya Pradesh
- Light of Hope for Consumers
- Road Safety Week 2019 – Sadak Suraksha – Jeevan Raksha
- Filing of ‘Class Action’ Consumer Complaints
- World Cancer Day
- World Consumer Rights Day 2019
- 10 Facts You Did Not Know About Instant Noodles
- City Level Workshops on Tobacco Control in Gujarat
- National Release of the “Big Tobacco Tiny Targets” Study
- Best butter for baking pound cake
- Importance of Wet Wipes
- What are chit funds?
- Doctors’ Duties, Consumers’ Fears and the laws in-between
- What’s Bad or Good About Instant Noodles?
- Importance of Packing of Butter
- How to Buy the Best Inverter
- Difference Between Solar Inverter and Normal Inverter
- Big Tobacco-Tiny Targets
- Salted or Unsalted Butter: Which Should I Use When?
- Differences between white butter and yellow butter?
- The Silver Leaf on Your Food – Is it safe for consumption?
- Ceramics in your home may cause cancer
- Food labels encourage healthier choices: Study
- Jet Airways to pay Rs 25,000 for changing flight without permission
- Maternity benefits not applicable only to live births
- What is E Payment and Types of E Payment Services
- Is it safe to shop online with a debit card?
- How to Use a Debit Card Online Safely: Debit Card Safety Tips You Mustn’t Ignore
- OP-Ed on Road Safety by Shri Baijayant Jay Panda
- Are Assured Return Schemes Likely To Be Declared Illegal By SEBI: Impact On Homebuyers And Builders
- Remedy Under RERA If No Builder-Buyer Agreement Is Executed
- Supreme Court Reiterates That Builders Can’t Force Buyers To Go For Arbitration Even After 2015 Amendment
- HRERA Gives Homebuyers Superior Right To Satisfy Claim
- State Level workshop for sensitization of stakeholders to support tobacco vendor licensing – Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Jago Grahak Jago Youth Festival, 2018 – Event Update
- Six Positive Changes in New Consumer Protection Law Passed in Lok Sabha – An Analysis by Prof Sri Ram Khanna & Consumer Voice Team
- State level workshop for sensitization of stakeholders to support tobacco vendor licensing – Ahmedabad
- What are hand sanitisers?
- Internet banking – private or nationalised banks have better services ?
- Online Banking Guide: The Advantages and Disadvantages
- A Stitch in Time Saves Nine – The Urgent Need to Pass the MVA Bill before it is too late
- Should You Go for Front Loading or Top Loading Washing Machine
- Want to Save on Utility Bills? Here’s What You Can Do to Boost Energy Efficiency in Washing Machine
- Top Washing Machine Features in Demand Right Now
- 2017 witnessed a 3% decline in road accident death, though fatalities remain high
- Recent Verdicts from Consumer Forums across India
- Did you know that your health information is confidential?
- What are Marie Biscuits Made Of?
- What are Dietary Fibers and How They Make You Healthy?
- Chit Funds (Amendment) Bill, 2018 – What’s amended and what’s not
- Think before you clean your hand with that hand sanitiser
- Simple Tests to check Adulterated Sweets
- State Level workshop for sensitization of stakeholders to support tobacco vendor licensing in Assam
- Liquid Mutual Fund – Buying Guide
- Home Buyers Entitled for Interest on Refund Even After Accepting Refund: National Commission
- Consumer VOICE Press Release on Road Safety 2018
- PDF Testing
- Supreme Court Warned State Governments For Non-Appointment Of Lokyukta/Uplokayukta
- TRAI to Have Supreme Authority Over Television Channels and Bouquet Prices – Supreme Court
- World Day of Remembrance – Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh)
- World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims (WDR) – Chandigarh
- World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims (WDR) – Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- How to choose the best Liquid Mutual Fund
- What are Liquid Mutual Funds?
- Antimicrobial Agents in the Food Chain – Use and Misuse
- Things to Keep in Mind Before Buying your TV
- Streaming Devices to make your TV smart
- Where Can You File a Complaint against Fraudulent Ponzi Companies?
- Is your food spoilt?
- To Invest or Not Invest in Ponzi Schemes
- Ponzi Scheme – Precautions to take
- Use of Antimicrobial Agents in India
- Importance of Food Preservation
- Aadhaar judgement: Supreme Court clarifies what needs to linked and what does not need to be
- Is Your Utensil Bar Environmentally Friendly? How to Check?
- Utensil Bar Soap vs. Utensil Liquid Washers: Which One Should You Go For?
- World Day of Remembrance 2018 – Remember and Reflect, Remember and Respond
- Ncdrc Raps Insurance Company For Ambiguous Term; Ordered The Insurance Company To Pay Additional Compensation Of 2 Lakhs For Unfair Trade Practice
- India Ranks Fifth in Pictorial warnings in the world and only SAARC country with Quit Line Number
- Increase Cess on tobacco products to increase revenue for disaster management
- National Commission: Insurance Claim cannot be denied on ground of Common Lifestyle Diseases
- Air Quality
- National Commission directed Unitech to pay 58.41 lakh to the aggrieved homebuyer
- Murder to be treated as accidental death while claiming insurance: National Commission
- National Commission ordered Indigo Airlines to pay rs. 20,000/- for leaving behind the passengers
- Apex Consumer Court directed Indian Postal Service to pay Rs 24.8 lakhs to Jain Brothers
- Homebuyers can seek higher compensation than what is mentioned in agreement for delayed flat: National Commission
- Green Action Week plantation drive on Sharing Community – Clean Air for All: 21st October 2018
- Check Air Quality Index
- Tamil Nadu bans E-cigarettes following Government Advisory
- A tale of three builders – Unitech, Amarpali and Jaypee and many many homebuyers
- Buying Guide: How to buy Best Term Life Insurance Plans?
- Buying Guide: Types of Water Purifiers – RO, UV, UF and Candle Filter
- Submitting ‘Execution’ Petition at Consumer Court: Is there a timeline?
- Health Benefits of Honey: Why you should include healthy honey in your diet
- What Makes Honey Organic?
- Green Action Week plantation drive on Sharing Community-Clean Air for All: 6th October 2018
- Antacids: Not healthy over the long term
- How to check purity of Honey?
- Consumer Protection Act is not a tool to create ’nuisance Value’ In Government Offices: National Commission
- Green Action Week plantation drive in Soami Nagar Model School, New Delhi-3 October 2018
- Towards a Cleaner Greener Delhi through Plantation Drive
- Financial Planning Basics: Creating a Financial Plan in Six Simple Steps
- Green Action Week 2018 -Plantation Drive- 8th September 2018
- How to File an RTI Online?
- Delhi consumer commission orders hospital to pay Rs 25 lakh compensation
- Keep patients info private: Andhra Pradesh consumer commission
- Buying Guide: Kitchen Chimney Price, Capacity, Comparison of Models and more
- Awareness Meet on the Dangers of Tobacco and E-Cigarettes in Panaji, Goa
- GATS 2 Report – An Increase in Tobacco Consumption in Some States in India
- Op-Eds on Motor Vehicle (Amendment) Bill 2017
- All About Paneer: how to make paneer, nutrition facts and how to buy and store paneer
- Payment Banks: So that no one is left out
- SC remands Jaypee matter to NCLT leaving homebuyers in an unresolved state
- How airlines estimate flight ticket cancellation charges? Are they legally valid?
- Know About Cold-pressed Juices, Oils and other Food Products
- Case Study: PROVISIONS OF RERA WOULD BE APPLICABLE TO LONG TERM ‘LEASE AGREEMENTS’ by Lavasa WHERE SUBSTANTIAL INVESTMENT IS MADE: BOMBAY HIGH COURT
- What is E Aadhar Card? | E-Aadhar Card Benefits
- Download E Adhar Card Online | E-Adhar Card Status
- Guide to Buying a Safer Car
- A Comprehensive Guide for Retirement Planning in India
- Delhi High Court Asks Railways to Create a Mediation Policy
- How to Wash Clothes | Laundry Tips that Anyone Can Try
- Smart TV Converter | Convert TV to Smart TV
- Smart TV Buying Guide: What is a Smart TV? | Smart TV Features
- The Most Definitive Guide to Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna
- Reliable Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna Bank List
- Case Study: Consumer can’t claim compensation if the “Necessary Parties” are not included in the Consumer Court Case
- Retailer ordered to compensate for selling cake post expiry date
- Delhi consumer court fines government department for deficiency in service
- Understanding the Cooperative Banking Structure in India
- List of Cooperative Banks in India
- Cooperative Banks: Cooperative Banking meaning, their limitations and how are they different from commercial banks
- CONFLICT BETWEEN THE PROVISIONS OF INSOLVENCY AND BANKRUPTCY CODE, 2016 AND REAL ESTATE (REGULATION AND DEVELOPMENT) ACT, 2016
- All You Need to Know About Filing GST Return Online
- GST FAQs – What is GST, Benefits, Implementation and More
- How to do GST Registration Online and Get a GST Number?
- Rancidity: Effects on health and tips to avoid rancidity
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana (ABY) | National Health Protection Mission
- What are E-Cigarettes or Vapour Smoke and what are the health hazards of E-Cigarettes?
- Ban E-Cigarettes to Secure Future
- Beware of Additional GST on MRP and Discounted MRP Levied by Unethical Retailers
- Haj pilgrims are not consumers, can’t claim refund, says top consumer court
- Ban on growth drug oxytocin from July 1
- National Pension Scheme (NPS): Eligibility, Joining Process and Types
- What is Rice Bran Oil?
- Buying Guide: Laptop Features, Types of Laptops and more
- Are you a SMART Consumer ?
- Study by Consumer VOICE Revealed upto 85% adulteration in Loose Edible Oils
- Buying Guide: How to choose the best retirement plans
- Living Will becomes crucial since Passive Euthanasia is legal in India now
- Types of Perfumes and Fragrances: The scent of sweet somethings, but there may be a catch
- Ban on e-cigarette announced by Health Minister Shri Vijay Bhaskar in the state of Tamilnadu
- Is your toothpaste healthy? Do you know the harmful ingredients toothpaste can have?
- Buying Guide: Smartphones – features and Operating Systems
- Delhi high court asks railways to set up a mediation policy after deciding 30 years accident claim
- National Workshop on Road Safety – 19th June, New Delhi
- Buying Guide: How to get the Best Top up Medical Insurance Plan?
- What happens to Fixed Deposits in case banks or finance companies go bankrupt?
- Time is Right for Making Road Safety a National Priority
- Alcohol bottles will start carrying ‘don’t drink & drive’ label
- Hundreds of fridges, freezers and fridge freezers currently on sale in shops across the UK are potentially unsafe
- WHO releases REPLACE programme to eliminate industrially-produced trans-fat acids from food supply
- World No Tobacco Day 2018
- Key Differences Between Mediation and Arbitration
- Consumer Interest Protected by National Company Law Appellate Tribunal
- What are cornflakes? How are they made?
- Bank must compensate woman for sharing info with estranged husband
- Railways must compensate for dosa served with iron screw
- Tobacco Breaks Hearts
- What is 80c?
- Buying Guide for Coffee Makers ( Coffee Machines)
- How to Apply for a PAN Card Online?
- Packers and Movers are Service Providers : Some cases of Negligence
- Railways can’t be blamed for chain snatching through window: NCDRC
- Raw fruit and vegetables beneficial for mental health
- Artificial sweeteners can still lead to obesity and diabetes, study claims
- Currency notes likely to cause diseases: Food safety authority
- Good news for pensioners: Medical reimbursement cannot be denied because treatment was in non- empanelled hospital
- File Income Tax Return Online with These Simple Steps
- Have a Grievance against a NBFC? There is an Ombudsman to go to
- Not Allowed to Board a Flight? The airline could be at fault
- If there are deficiencies in your flat, complain within 2 Years of possession
- Can Consumer Forums Set Aside the Arbitration Clause?
- Do you know the ingredients in your shampoo?
- Latest Income Tax Slabs for FY 2019-20
- Learn Facts About Coffee
- Know the best coffee makers (coffee machine) between 900 to 4K
- Everything you need to know about packaged milk
- Case Studies: Flat buyers can unite as one party against builders under Section 12 of CPA Act
- Consumer Voice Urges Nitin Gadkri To Join Hands With The UN General Assembly In Their Resolution To Tackle Global Road Safety Problem
- Guidelines of Dietary Salt for Indians by WHO and National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad
- Hyderabad Forum slaps Rs 50,000 fine on insurance company
- No need to pay extra for bottled water at cinemas, malls and airports: Ram Vilas Paswan
- Abide by what you say: Consumer court directs Chhattisgarh Housing Board
- Consumers can approach civil and consumer courts too for compensation in case denied boarding: DGCA
- Commercial Vehicle Insurance Claim Process
- Parabens or Preservatives: in your food and makeup
- What Does the Package Commercial Car Insurance Policy Offer?
- What is the inverter technology in air conditioners?
- Introducing ISEER Rating – Indian Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio
- The Advantages and Disadvantages of an Inverter AC
- 10 Tips to have the most energy efficient AC to lower the electricity bill
- How to Install an AC: Principles of AC Installation
- Adoption of the United Nations General Assembly resolution on road safety by India
- Consumer VOICE and its State Partners Hail the Ministry’s Decision on Pictorial Warning on Cigarette Packs
- NOTE and Consumer VOICE meet in Goa on tobacco control and role of media
- Common Symptoms of Diabetes and Types of Diabetes
- Food Advertisements complaints reported on Advertising Standard Council of India ( ASCI) portal
- Media Sensitization – Press Meet at Chandigarh on 30th March, 2018
- Consumer VOICE’s Rejoinder to TRAI White Paper on Measurement of Internet Data Speeds
- The NEW CONSUMER PROTECTION BILL, 2018
- SUPREME COURT ON 13.03.2018 EXTENDS DEADLINE OF 31.03.2018 FOR MANDATORY LINKAGE OF AADHAAR WITH BANK ACCOUNTS, MOBILE AND PAN TILL THE DISPOSAL OF AADHAAR CASES
- Builders can’t force Buyers to go for Arbitration
- Press Meet on Tobacco Intervention at Chennai Press Club on 27 th Feb 2018
- SBI guilty of deficiency in service
- Forums in Delhi are faced with a backlog of 18,000 cases
- WORLD CONSUMER RIGHTS DAY 2018- WORKSHOP ON “NEED FOR BETTER QUALITY OF INTERNET SERVICES TO MAKE INDIA TRULY DIGITAL
- Most Common Food Adulterants and Harmful Effects Of Food Adulteration
- Food Adulteration Tests
- Prevention of Food Adulteration Act 1954 and Food Safety and Standards Act 2006
- Aakash Institute penalised for poor service
- SBI to compensate for issuing recovery notice for settled loan
- Health Benefits of Curd
- Microwave Oven Buying Guide
- Inclusions and Exceptions of International Travel Insurance
- Points to consider to finalize Overseas Travel Insurance
- Airtel found guilty of overbilling
- Britannia fined for selling packet with less than printed weight
- Press Interaction Meet – Road Safety, 28 February 2018
- Case Study: Consumer Forums cannot entertain cases pending at Civil Court
- Internet Speed – Where is the Speed?
- Arbitration agreements cannot oust the jurisdiction of consumer forums
- SC gives four weeks to Centre to file model rules on consumer fora
- Press Interaction Meet – Voice of Road Crash Victims and Support from Members of Parliament
- Roopa Vajpeyi: An Era Gone By
- Road Safety Week February 2018 Media Coverage
- Consumer VOICE – ROAD SAFETY WEEK – 5 DAYS – 5 PLEDGES
- Fresh Fruit Juice vs Packaged juice
- All about Second Hand Car Loans
- Washing Machine Buying Guide: How to buy a Washing Machine?
- How to increase the life and efficiency of a washing machine?
- Nominee vs Legal Heir: Let there be no confusion
- Croma store fined for refusing refund on failed transaction
- Digital India – Do we have the Right Internet Speed?
- School asked to refund fee for mistreating child
- 76% of LED bulb brands and 71% of LED downlighter brands in India flout consumer safety standards: Nielsen study
- Electricity company cannot cut power without notice
- Disputes Resolution under RERA Act 2016
- Reducing Fatalities by 50% by 2020 – Where are we Heading?
- Beating Breast cancer
- Loving foods that love you back
- Blood Pressure Monitors : Checking on your Health
- 9 ways to eat healthier right now
- A lot to loss
- Is Soya Healthy?
- Wasting all that food
- A little science in the kitchen
- Chemical Cuisine
- Aman Anti Ragging Movement (Aman Kachroo) – A Case Study
- Builders can’t force buyers to go for arbitration or mediation
- Anti Ragging Law and Ragging in University
- GIR 2016- Limits, Controls and Hampers Consumer’s Right to Information
- Bank Locker Insurance
- Advantages and disadvantages of bank lockers
- Chemicals in your breakfast bread
- White Bread vs Brown Bread
- Types of water heaters and geysers
- Refrigerator Usage Tips: How to Make your Refrigerator Energy Efficient Fridge
- Refrigerator Buying Guide
- Types of Refrigerators
- Refrigerator Storage – How to keep Food Safe in Refrigerator
- Important Refrigerator Features
- Water Heater Buying Guide
- Tips for Hiring a Locker
- What are the RBI Guidelines on Bank Lockers?
- What is the difference between powdered milk and dairy whitener?
- What do Food Labels say?
- Traffic Light Labeling System
- Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA)
- Dietary Fiber: Types and Benefits of High Fiber Diet
- What are ULIP returns and why should I invest in ULIP?
- What is ULIP or Unit Linked Investment Plan?
- What are Associated ULIP charges?
- Cable TV Digitization
- “OIL FORTIFICATION – A Drive against Malnutrition”
- Food Fortification-Why do we need it?
- What is Proprietary Food?
- How to improve air quality in your home?
- Operating Cost of Air Filters
- Types of Home Air Purifier
- Home Air Purifier – Important Terms to know
- Adults shouldn’t have to wear diapers
- Home Loan Complaints – Grievance and Redressal of NBFCs Home Loans
- NBFC Home Loan Interest Rates
- Features and Home Loan eligibility from an NBFC
- Home Loan Insurance from NBFCs
- Do you believe in Ayurveda?
- Salty Health
- To Your Health
- The Wild Side – Where’s the Eco-Tourism
- Make your diet starve cancer
- FOOD SNIPPETS
- Bombay High Court repels builders’ challenge to Real Estate Regulation ACT
- Pesticide in Food
- Bt Brinjal : Temporary Relief
- Buying Organic Food on a Budget
- Eating Right
- Anti-Dumping Norms
- A Thought – Environment Protection
- Indian Consumers: Born Violators
- Consumer forum asks bank to compensate customer for breaking locker without following RBI norms
- Are you addicted to sugar foods?
- Forum orders immigration firm to refund Rs 1.74 lakh and $5,700, fines Rs 50,000
- Bank with Care
- Insuring against Tsunami
- Hallmarking of Gold
- Central investigation agency will probe companies cheating consumers
- An innovative weight loss treatment per session
- The New Consumer Protection Law
- Food Standards
- Cancer Survivors Day Special
- 12 food additives to avoid
- Organic Food
- Yogurt a Top Health Food
- Egg Story
- Juicing for health
- Chocolates: should they be refrigerated?
- Infant Foods
- Misleading Ads
- Food Safety Concerns – When, Where and How to Report it
- The first-ever trade-liberalization package from WTO India got food security flexibility
- A Reflection on Consumer Rights
- Consumer Rights and Responsibilities
- Consumer Safety in India
- Know Your Quality Marks
- Sulphites: the Asthma culprit
- IT – Health Apps
- Ayurvedic, Siddha & Unani Medicines
- Education is a Service
- Consumers and RTI – the Right to Information Act, 1986
- Check your spices: there could be dung, sand, husk, colour…
- Medical negligence, do not suffer silently, claim compensation
- Compulsory hallmarking, new BIS standards for gold jewellery
- FAQs on Solar Photovoltaic System
- Tennis star Sharapova charged with cheating and conspiracy
- What is Basmati Rice and how is different from other varieties?
- Nutritional Value of Rice
- World Day of Remembrance ( WDR ) for road accident victims
- All districts of Delhi to have consumer courts
- Solar Rooftop System Buying Guide
- All about unwanted Commercial Calls
- Operational Guidelines: How to use a Travel Card
- Travel Cards: All FAQs answered
- Cigarettes, tobacco shops can no longer sell chips, biscuits, candies, soft drinks
- Some Healthy Tips for sugar free diet
- Supreme Court cautions Unitech homebuyers: Consumers Don’t Expect to Profit from Your Loss
- 19th Nov – World Day of Remembrance(WDR) Jaipur, Rajasthan
- 19th Nov – World Day of Remembrance(WDR)Panchkula, Haryana
- World Day of Remembrance(WDR) Noida, UP
- Tobacco products still available around Delhi schools despite ban – Consumer VOICE Field Research reveals
- Antibiotic Resistance
- Help Road Crash Victims without Fear – SC Issues Guidelines on Protecting Good Samaritans
- On children’s day Citizens Awareness Group presses upon passing Motors Vehicle Bill-2017
- Modi: Consumer protection is in New India resolution
- 10 Things To Do When You See a Victim of Road Accident
- When can a hospital be charged for medical negligence?
- Tobacco – A Menace Among Children
- FEMA Act 1999 or Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 (FEMA)
- Consumer protection is in New India resolution
- Consumer Rights in case of Misleading Advertisements – A Case Study
- How Safe Are Our Roads for Children?
- COTPA Act openly violated near schools in Delhi
- Energy Saving Devices
- Relief for Buyers as Supreme Court stays Insolvency Proceedings Against Jaypee
- Sugar tax in Australia by 2019
- Rs 60,000 fine on Maruti for denying repair in warranty
- What is Food Carbon Footprint
- Credit Card Features
- Breast reduction cannot always be cosmetic surgery
- Adopt Vegan Cheese or Dairy Free Cheese for a Healthy Environment
- What is Saturated Fat?
- Types of Credit Card Frauds
- Greenhouse Gases and Greenhouse Effect
- Rs 12,000 compensation for having to pay Rs 21 extra
- Green Action Week Campaign 2017
- What is Organic Food 2017
- How to Reduce Food Carbon Footprint
- No sale of sugary drinks in schools across the EU
- Green Action Week Workshop – From Farm to Plate (7th October) 2017
- Press Release on Road Safety Urging the Government to Pass MVA Bill 2017
- Is your Kitchen HACCP safe?
- Credit card tips for smart users
- Things credit card companies do not want you to know
- Green Action Week Workshop on Organic Food – From Farm to Plate (25th September)
- Moderate consumption of fats, carbohydrates best for health: Study
- Airtel asked to pay Rs 44.5 to consumer for internet data loss
- Car Safety Workshop-Hyderabad 15 Sept.2017
- Consume protein thrice a day: Study
- Car Safety Workshop 14th September 2017 – Bengaluru
- TV Buying Guide: Which one to buy LED or LCD or OLED or Smart TV?
- GMO Foods or Genetically Modified Goods – Should you Eat them?
- Oil Shelf Life
- Allahabad Bank asked to pay Rs 5.10 lakh for misplacing customer’s property documents
- Road Accidents Decrease While Fatalities Increase in 2016
- How is GMO Food Labeling Done?
- Recovery of Guarantor Loans
- WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF GROUNDNUT OIL?
- What are the GMO Pros and Cons?
- Organic Certification and Symbols for Organic Food in India
- Are Organic Food Products Healthier and Expensive too?
- Summons to celebrities including Govinda and Kapil Dev for selling fake club memberships
- Digital Literacy Initiative – Training of Trainers Workshop: 19th August 2017
- The Impact of GST on your Restaurant Bill
- Understanding ETFS or Exchange-Traded Funds
- Sunflower Oil Benefits
- SBI asked to return land papers by Ernakulam forum