Latest from our Food Blog
Say no to vanaspati (ghee)
Vanaspati is an industrial product and formed by partial hydrogenation of refined edible vegetable oil or oils. Hydrogenated oils are more stable than corresponding natural oils. They are not only stable and make the fried food product last longer but also adds taste. The reason being, there is widespread use of […]
Webinar on Tea for Good Health – Hosted by Consumer VOICE Chai, cha, tea, call it by whatever name, a cup of good tea is all you need to cheer you up in the morning. The ritual of drinking tea in India transcends all boundaries and it comes with different […]
Virtual Session on Myths and Facts on Meat and Poultry Food Products in the Context of Covid-19
This is not new. These days there is no shortage of fake news. Whenever, there has been a health crisis, some section of the society start spreading confusing information on meat and poultry products. Many people are therefore afraid of eating meat and meat products because of such misinformation and […]
Best Practices for Consumers during COVID 19 on Health Protection and Food Safety FSSAI -CHIFSS – VOICE WEBINAR
CHIFSS (CII HUL Initiative on Food Safety Sciences) in partnership with FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India) and Consumer VOICE is organizing a webinar to make the end consumer aware of the best practices of food safety at every step, and sensitizing consumers about possible virus exposure. Register […]
कोविड-19 का प्रकोप: ऐसे बढ़ायें अपनी प्रतिरक्षा प्रणाली यानी इम्यून सिस्टम
कोविड.2019 का प्रकोप पूरी दुनिया में फैल गया है। वैश्विक महामारी के इस दौर में जब हम सामाजिक दूरी को बनाए रख रहे हैं तो इस समय हमें अपने स्वास्थ्य का भी विशेष ध्यान रखना महत्वपूर्ण है। इस लेख के माध्यम से कंस्यूमर वॉयस यही समझाने का प्रयास कर रहा […]
Consumer VOICE Survey On Trans Fat In Foods
50% of sample food products have not met the draft standard – Consumer Voice Survey On 28th August 2019, FSSAI issued a draft notification that said, “Food Products in which edible oils and fats are used as an ingredient should not contain trans fatty acids more than 2 per cent […]
Take note of your daily food intake
Richa Pande All fats are not necessarily harmful. Some fats are vital for human well being. Cooking oils and solid fats together are referred to as ‘fats’ (Source: Dietary Guidelines, NIN). They can be classified as saturated fats and unsaturated fats. The difference between good and bad fat is in […]
Want to keep your heart safe? It’s time to avoid these 5 foods rich in trans fat
Did you know that the samosa or the kachori that is home made could be more harmful than you thought? Are you shocked? Here are more reasons to get shocked. Vanaspati and reused oils that you use could actually result in cardiovascular diseases and you might not even get to […]
The Health-Oriented Faceoff : Mustard Oil vs. Rice Bran Oil vs. Olive Oil
Health fads have become an inseparable part of people’s lives today. People are always looking for something that will help improve their health quickly and allow them to avoid health issues. If you are among such people and you are confused about which oil to use for cooking, then you […]
How to Increase the Shelf Life of Mustard Oil?
Mustard Oil is one of the common Indian kitchen ingredients that cannot be replaced. Its unique and pungent flavor, and its ability to make foods taste divine. If you love it too and want to make sure that you use it only when it can enhance your health rather than […]
Is Milk Giving Our Children Enough Calcium?
Our mothers and grandmothers have always boasted about how good milk is for the kids, especially growing children, and we have believed it to be true for decades. Have you ever wondered whether milk is giving enough calcium to our children? If not, it’s time you read on.Though milk is […]
Top 10 Health Benefits of Mustard Oil
If you live in India, it is very likely that you have mustard oil on your grocery list every month. It is an essential ingredient, and some foods like ladyfinger taste best when cooked in it. This oil is extracted from the seeds of the mustard plant and is very […]
How to Detect Ammonia in Our Food?
Reuters had recently published a few investigative articles in which it was revealed that ammonia is being used in many foods, especially common foods like cheese, chocolate (acidity controller) and baked goods (leavening agents). If you are also worried about how bad ammonia is for health, how to detect ammonia […]
You Won’t Believe How Beneficial Food Fortification Can Be!
Food fortification is the process of adding one or more essential nutrients to the food to make sure that there is no deficiency of any nutrient. Though there is no doubt that there are immense benefits of food fortification, the process is not always harmless. Read on to know what […]
Foods to Avoid During the Indian Summer
Summer months in India are from April- July and one has to eat right to prevent any stomach prone diseases. To battle any effects of the digestive system one must include fluids in their diet. Tea and coffee should be avoided. Drinking a good amount of water is key to […]
FSSAI Announces New Packaging Regulations 2018
Bhelpuri in Newspaper Cone and Sambhar in Plastic Bag: Not Anymore as FSSAI Announces New Packaging Regulations Some freshly cooked samosas on your way back after a long and tiring day or some steaming hot momos packed in a newspaper packet is hard to resist. But have you stopped and […]
Pros and Cons of Branded Curd: Should You Buy One?
The curd is one of the Indian superfoods that’s gaining a lot of global attention these days. The result, kids who used to stay away from curd when their grandmothers urged them to have some are now chasing the curd and curd recipes as adults. Thanks to the fact that […]
How to Beat the Heat with Curd?
Summers are possibly the worst time of the year for your digestion and gut health. It’s that time of the year when you don’t feel like eating anything, you want to live off liquids, and you hate the idea of having hot foods. You probably wait for fresh food to […]
Facts About Nutrients in Curd: It’s Truly Worth It!
We all grew up hearing from our parents and grandparents about how excellent curd is for health. Well, it seems that our elders were right. Curd is packed with loads of health benefits and must be included in your daily diet no matter whether you prefer it with hot parathas […]
Curd vs. Yogurt vs. Probiotics: The Ultimate Faceoff
Most of us assumed that curd and yogurt were two different names of the same thing. This is not the case. Curd has specific properties that make it unique and so does yogurt. There is one another category people often confuse with curd and yogurt, it is known as probiotics. […]
Organic Foods – Can they all be termed ‘organic’?
As organic food products start to find their way into more and more homes across India, the market suddenly seems to be inundated with all things ‘organic’. In at least some instances, the claims are clearly misleading and not entirely believable. To curb such false claims as also the sale […]
Classic Cornflakes Biscuit Recipe
Cornflakes is a versatile cereal and a lot can be made with it. The cornflakes texture lends itself to both savoury and sweet dishes. Cornflakes usually we have with our milk and some nuts or fruits but this time we shall make a cornflake biscuit. This is a yummy dish […]
Cornflakes – Your Morning Friend or Foe?
Cornflakes are a staple breakfast option in many households, however is it a healthy option? Does it lead to weight loss? What are the benefits and disadvantages of cornflakes? Cornflakes are a packaged cereal eaten with cold or hot milk. The main ingredient of cornflakes is corn. Sugar, malt flavoring, […]
From the Factory to the Bowl – The Process of making cornflakes
Have you wondered how are cornflakes made? The main ingredient in a cereal is grain. The most common ones are corn, wheat, oats, rice and barley. Most breakfast cereals also contain ingredients such as salt, yeast, sweeteners, flavoring agents, coloring agents, vitamins, minerals and preservatives. The most important of these […]
Maggi controversy: SC revives government’s case against Nestle India in National Commission
Nestle India Limited has welcomed the Supreme Court’s order that allows National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission (NCDRC) to proceed with a three-year-old suit with regard to Maggi filed by the government. The apex court was hearing an appeal filed by the company against two interim orders passed by NCDRC in […]
Does Your Food Claim Too Much?
Consumers are often misled by the claims on food packs and in commercials. They end up purchasing a product that may not be apt for them. Not necessarily does a product have the quality that it claims to have. To protect the interests of consumers, Food Safety and Standards Authority […]
10 Facts You Did Not Know About Instant Noodles
Most of us eat noodles almost every week or month because they are tasty, convenient and a filling option. But have you ever wondered about rarely known facts about instant noodles when you gorge on noodles from brands like Maggi, Wai Wai, Top Ramen or Knorr? If not, you should […]
Best butter for baking pound cake
We live in a world full of choices , it’s confusing to choose a simple thing like butter. The grocery store shelves are crowded with different brands and varieties, yet most recipe still just say “butter.” Choosing butter for baking can become a task.The traditional salted butter or table butter […]
What’s Bad or Good About Instant Noodles?
If you haven’t been living in a cave since the last few centuries, it is very likely that you have heard of or have experienced eating instant noodles at least once in your lifetime. They are an easy to cook option that can be readied within minutes and tastes good […]
Importance of Packing of Butter
When you use the butter every day for adding it to a bread slice or a delectable paneer dish, you hardly think about the packing of butter. Packing of butter is essential not only to increase the shelf life of butter but also because it has many other benefits. Some […]
Salted or Unsalted Butter: Which Should I Use When?
The clear difference between salted and unsalted butter is the presence of salt. Mostly unsalted butter is made with 100% cream, salted butter will have some salt added to it. The exact amount of salt present in the butter will depend on the brand. Salted butter also lasts longer in […]
Differences between white butter and yellow butter?
Growing up in a typical Punjabi household is synonyms for white butter on your parathas, wouldn’t you agree? Delicious memories come to your mind when we talk about Makke di Roti and Sarso da Saag which seems incomplete without the creamy butter. Fresh white butter made at home has its […]
The Silver Leaf on Your Food – Is it safe for consumption?
You see these in sweets shops, these thin silver foils peppered on the various delicacies. Also known as chandi ka vark, various mouth fresheners, dry fruits and spices, and some culinary preparations, too, are frequently garnished with these silver leaves. Why are these used in the first place? Are there […]
Food labels encourage healthier choices: Study
Labels on packaged foods as well as on restaurant menus giving information on nutrition facts, calorie counts, whether these are fat-free or have low sodium, etc., have to some extent encouraged healthier eating choices, say researchers.The research, led by Tufts University researchers, found that labelling reduced consumers’ intake of calories […]
What are Marie Biscuits Made Of?
There is hardly any home in India where you can’t find Marie biscuits. They are soft, they are tasty, and best of all, they are healthy if consumed wisely. If you are a fan of these small snacks, you would probably won’t need an answer to what are Marie biscuits. […]
What are Dietary Fibers and How They Make You Healthy?
More and more people understand the importance of staying fit via healthy meals these days. If you are one of them, you must have heard of dietary fibers, and you would have been advised to incorporate them into your diet. If you are wondering what are dietary fibers and how […]
Simple Tests to check Adulterated Sweets
Diwali comes to an end however the piles of gifts and sweets remain. Our diet plans don’t stop us from indulging, however can we stop and think if these sweets are safe to eat? Are they safe to consume? It is difficult to resist the temptation, but it is paramount […]
Antimicrobial Agents in the Food Chain – Use and Misuse
Quality, safety and preservation of food products are universal concerns. Food producers and handlers use antimicrobial agents to prevent spoilage of food as well as to prevent food-borne illnesses. Antimicrobial agents such as antibiotics and anti-fungal drugs extend the shelf life of food products. Now, there are two sides to […]
Is your food spoilt?
There are ways to tell if your food is spoilt, its appearance changes, the colour changes, a change in texture or an unpleasant odour or an undesirable taste. Food spoilage is a fast and inevitable process if you don’t take the right preventive measures. When you consume food that is […]
Use of Antimicrobial Agents in India
The term microbial agents is being used pretty commonly these days. If you have also heard of it and you are wondering what are microbial agents then you should read on. An antimicrobial is an agent which stops the growth of or kills microorganisms. Usually the antimicrobial medicines are classified […]
Importance of Food Preservation
Food preservation is one of the primary concerns for the food industry due to various reasons, not the least being its role in enhancing the shelf life of food and ensuring food safety. No one can underestimate food preservation because it ensures greater and wider availability of food products, less […]
Health Benefits of Honey: Why you should include healthy honey in your diet
Honey has anti-viral, anti-microbial and anti-parasitic effects. Its capacity to inhibit the growth of microorganisms and fungi is well-documented. Honey contains a number of minerals and vitamins, including vitamin A, vitamin C, iron and calcium. There are also important antioxidants, such as flavonoids and alkaloids. There are trace amounts of […]
What Makes Honey Organic?
Honey is considered organic when it is locally grown and not processed. Organic honey, also known as ‘raw’ honey, does not contain any pesticides or environmental pollutants. So, many people consider this form of honey to be real honey. Since it does not go through the traditional process for safety, […]
Antacids: Not healthy over the long term
There are these advertisements that feature individuals gulping down food in excessive amounts, leading to indigestion (also known as heartburn and acidity). This discomfort is often shown to be eased by the branded antacid, and invariably has a funny and loud burp as an accompaniment. The portrayal is funny but […]
How to check purity of Honey?
Adulteration of honey means it is impure, artificial or adulterated. Glucose, dextrose, molasses, sugar syrup, invert sugar, corn syrup, or any other similar product may have been added to it.6 Pure Honey TestsTake a tablespoon of honey and put it in a glass of water. If the honey dissolves, then […]
All About Paneer: how to make paneer, nutrition facts and how to buy and store paneer
Paneer is a byproduct obtained from milk by precipitation with sour milk, lactic acid, or citric acid. In simple terms, paneer is an indigenous milk product prepared by the combined action of acid coagulation and heat treatment of milk and the subsequent drainage of whey. How to make paneer? To […]
Know About Cold-pressed Juices, Oils and other Food Products
Are these healthier, superior, etc., these cold-pressed vegetable and fruit juices, cold-pressed oil, cold-pressed seed powders and other things that claim to be cold-pressed? The thing is, these are relatively expensive too and it is but natural that someone consuming these will want to be sure that the claims and price are justified.What […]
Rancidity: Effects on health and tips to avoid rancidity
Ever wondered why the walnuts taste bitter only a few days after buying them? Do you ever wonder why the bag of potato chips has more air than the amount of chips in it? The bitter taste in the walnuts is due to a bio chemical process ‘ called rancidity […]
What is Rice Bran Oil?
Rice bran oil (also known as rice bran extract) is the oil extracted from the germ and inner husk of rice. It is notable for its high smoke point. Its mild flavour makes it suitable for high-temperature cooking methods such as stir frying and deep frying. It is favoured by […]
WHO releases REPLACE programme to eliminate industrially-produced trans-fat acids from food supply
World Health Organization (WHO) has released REPLACE, a step-by-step guide for the elimination of industrially produced trans-fatty acids from the global food supply. WHO has estimated that every single year trans-fat intake leads to more than 500,000 deaths of people from cardiovascular disease. Eliminating trans-fat is key to protecting health […]
What are cornflakes? How are they made?
Cornflakes are the product obtained from de hulled, degermed and cooked corn (Zea mays L.) by flaking partially drying and toasting. It shall be in the form of crisp flakes of reasonably uniform size and golden brown in colour.The milling process removes the corn kernels from the cobs and turns […]
Raw fruit and vegetables beneficial for mental health
Raw fruits and vegetables may be better for your mental health than cooked ones, according to a new study from the University of Otago in New Zealand. The study, published in Frontiers in Psychology, found that people who ate more uncooked produce had lower levels of symptoms related to depression […]
Artificial sweeteners can still lead to obesity and diabetes, study claims
A new study from the Medical College of Wisconsin and Marquette University links artificial sweeteners to obesity and diabetes, claiming sweeteners change how the body processes fat and uses energy.Researchers fed groups of rats diets high in sugar or artificial sweeteners including aspartame and acesulfame potassium. After three weeks, blood […]
Guidelines of Dietary Salt for Indians by WHO and National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad
Declaration of salt or sodium is not mandatory. This is despite the recommendation of Codex Alimentarius Commission – a joint intergovernmental body of Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations (FAO) and World Health Organization (WHO) with over 185 member states –
Food Advertisements complaints reported on Advertising Standard Council of India ( ASCI) portal
Did you know a consumer can complain against a misguiding food advertisement? Yes, this is possible. A misleading food advertisement that promotes unhealthy eating could be called off across all media channels. It is important that consumers report their views which can be easily done on the Advertising Standards Council […]
Most Common Food Adulterants and Harmful Effects Of Food Adulteration
Whether it’s adulterated olive oil, ash in pepper, chalk in flour, or diluted coffee beans, food adulteration is increasingly a reality of our lives. In fact, commonly consumed food items such as dal, rice, spices, oil, butter and ghee are often targeted by fraudsters. Consumption of such food items over […]
Food Adulteration Tests
There are some very simple food adulteration tests that can be conducted at home to know if the food is adulterated or pure. The FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India) has issued a document – titled DART, which stands for ‘Detect Adulteration with Rapid Test’ – summarising easy […]
Prevention of Food Adulteration Act 1954 and Food Safety and Standards Act 2006
Food is our basic necessity for sustenance of life. Pure, fresh and healthy meals are most essential for our bodies. However, when quality of food is lowered either by addition of inferior quality material or by extraction of valuable ingredient is known as food adulteration. In India, adulteration has become […]
Loving foods that love you back
Nutrition and health are much talked-about subjects but do we really make rational consumption choices in our everyday lives? Here are some foods that will do you good, and others that will make you overdraw on your body’s energy reserves
Ever really taken a
9 ways to eat healthier right now
Food marketers and fitness proponents, both are cashing in on the consumer anxiety and fetish with health. Yet, junk foods and several other foods with no nutrition are hogging shelf space in markets. From the health and environmental perspectives, there are foods that one
Wasting all that food
Think.Eat.Save. The people behind World Environment Day this year have most certainly deliberately left out the spaces between the words. Perhaps so that we make the connection between our food choices and the larger impacts of these choices—and realize that the connection is too
A little science in the kitchen
How to make food—specially fresh produce—last long enough to be used up
Did you know that storing cabbage, cucumbers, and leafy vegetables alongside tomatoes and apples causes the greens to decay? This is because some foods are great ethylene-producers and quickly spoil other foods
Chemicals in your breakfast bread
It has been found time and again that processed and packaged food, however ‘natural, contains additives and chemicals that are controversial, or outright harmful to human health. Bread, that is the most common processed breakfast food, has a suspected tumour-causing additive, Potassium Bromate, in
What is the difference between powdered milk and dairy whitener?
There is an increase in the use of dairy whitener in tea and coffee. Those who use them find that it dissolves easily and gives your tea a very great whitening ability and it also has the ability to lighten the coffee to produce
What do Food Labels say?
Food Labels or Nutrition Labels or nutritional labeling serves as the main communication link between the manufacturer and the consumer. Through food nutrition labels, a manufacturer introduces the content of his product to the consumer. Food labels help the consumer to understand the nutrient
Traffic Light Labeling System
In 2007, Food Standard Agency of UK developed a method of labeling food with a traffic light showing how much fat, sugar and salt are in that food. High Content (unhealthy) is shown by red, Medium (moderate) by amber and Low (healthy) by Green colors. Food with Green color is […]
Food Fortification-Why do we need it?
Micro-nutrient deficiencies affect not only the poor. Less obvious but nonetheless important are the effects of today’s lifestyles in the developed world on nutritional status. There are increased food choices, yes, but low micro-nutrient densities. The hectic pace of life can lead to inadequacies in the diet, so that even […]
What is Proprietary Food?
Proprietary food means an article of food that has not been standardized under Food Safety & Standards (Food Products Standards and Food Additives) Regulations 2011, but does not include any novel foods, foods for special dietary uses, foods for special medical purposes, functional foods, nutaceuticals and health supplements. A food […]
Reducing salt intake may help manage blood pressure and prevent water retention. If you are taking medication for these conditions, it is still important to reduce salt intake to help the medication work more effectively.
Pregnant women should not restrict the amount of sodium
12 food additives to avoid
Hungry? How does a cheese sandwich on whole wheat with potato chips sound? Does munching on nitrate, sodium stearyl lactylate, and monocalcium phosphate have the same appeal? Probably not, but a look at the ingredients of pre-packaged stuff and almost every other type of
Chocolates: should they be refrigerated?
The recent episode when live worms were found in Cadbury’s Dairy Milk chocolate has shown how the seemingly safe food product can become hazardous to health. The excuse that Cadbury’s is putting forth is that the worm infestation has been due to poor storage
Check your spices: there could be dung, sand, husk, colour…
This is not just another article to inform you about what harm can be caused by eating adulterated spices. That much has been talked about enough and you know all that you should. This write-up is more of a practical guide for you to
What is Basmati Rice and how is different from other varieties?
What is Basmati Rice?Basmati is a type of long-grain aromatic rice. Basmati rice is a special quality of rice that is grown in India and Pakistan. Basmati rice has a unique fragrance and flavor caused due to presence of a chemical called 2-acetyl-1-pyrroline. This chemical is found in Basmati rice […]
Nutritional Value of Rice
Post harvesting, rice grains go through different production processes in the factories. The process leads to production of different types of rice. These processes are called milling and polishing. These processes not only changes the shape and size of the rice kernel, it also
Some Healthy Tips for sugar free diet
The first step towards overcoming sugar addiction and stop sugar cravings is to become aware that you are addicted to sugar or such food items. Maintaining a food diary will help a lot. It will help you to understand your food-consumption pattern. What compels
What is Food Carbon Footprint
We all are aware that greenhouse gas emissions which include carbon dioxide emissions and human activities like burning of oil, coal and gas, as well as deforestation that are damaging for our environment and cause of carbon dioxide concentration in the atmosphere. But many of us are not aware that […]
Adopt Vegan Cheese or Dairy Free Cheese for a Healthy Environment
Morning breakfast with cheese omelette is something most of us relish. But did you know that cheese other than adding to your cholesterol level has a high carbon footprint thereby damaging the environment as well?
Cheese has a high carbon footprint because it
What is Organic Food 2017
Organic food is the result of a farming system which avoids the use of pesticides and man-made fertilisers, Organic farming promotes ecological balance and conserves biodiversity. They are produced without use of genetically modified or GM components.
Myth vs Reality#MythOrganic Food
How to Reduce Food Carbon Footprint
If you are thinking of ways on how to reduce food carbon footprint, avoiding meat is the first thing that needs to be done as per most research studies. Food carbon footprint or foodprint requires immediate attention as growing, rearing, processing and transporting and
Moderate consumption of fats, carbohydrates best for health: Study
An international study led by a group of researchers from the Population Health Research Institute (PHRI) of McMaster University and Hamilton Health Sciences in Hamilton, Canada, suggests that a diet consisting of a moderate consumption of fat, fruits and vegetables, coupled with avoidance of high levels of carbohydrates, is linked […]
GMO Foods or Genetically Modified Goods – Should you Eat them?
According to World Health Organization (WHO), genetically modified foods (GMO Foods) are those food items that are produced by using genetically modified organisms. Genetically modified organisms could be plants, animals or microbes. They are produced in a way whose DNA or genetic material has been modified with the introduction of […]
- World No Tobacco Day 2020 – Towards a tobacco free generation
- Say no to vanaspati (ghee)
- Demat account and its importance
- Aatmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyaan Package: Announced By RBI / Government Of India To Tide Over Covid-19 Crisis
- Road Safety Network submitted recommendations to mitigate road crashes and deaths during lockdown
- Everything You Need To Know About Maintenance Charges
- Legal Provisions Under RERA & FAQs On Maintenance Charges: Part II
- Virtual Session on Myths and Facts on Meat and Poultry Food Products in the Context of Covid-19
- Best Practices for Consumers during COVID 19 on Health Protection and Food Safety FSSAI -CHIFSS – VOICE WEBINAR
- कोविड-19: इस दौर में बच्चों का टीकाकरण है जरूरी, रखें ये सावधानियां… डाँ. एच. सी. भट्ट (एमडी)
- सामान खरीदने से पहले तुलनात्मक जांच करना जरुरी
- अनुशासित होकर लड़ें कोरोना से जंगए अपनाएं इन घरेलू उपायों को
- RBI announces fresh liquidity measures to bolster lockdown impact 2.0
- NCDRC asks Yash Raj Films to compensate for excluding song from movie ”Fan”
- Beneficiary of a statutory welfare scheme entitled to remedies under Consumer Protection Act
- Stay Cool with the Best Inverter AC
- कोविड-19 का प्रकोप: ऐसे बढ़ायें अपनी प्रतिरक्षा प्रणाली यानी इम्यून सिस्टम
- Consumerism – Present and Post Covid-19
- “OIL FORTIFICATION – A Drive against Malnutrition”
- RBI Announces Economic Policy Measures
- Economic Package as announced by the Government of India
- Covid 19 and Hypertension
- Consumer VOICE Survey On Trans Fat In Foods
- The Price of Misleading Advertisements
- World Consumer Rights Day 2020
- FLAT OWNERS’ ASSOCIATION THAT ARE FORMED DUE TO MANDATE OF LAW CANNOT FILE A CONSUMER COMPLAINT: SUPREME COURT
- Stakeholder consultation on Road Safety for New Motor Vehicles Act in Uttar Pradesh
- Sunflower Oils – Who is the first among the equals?
- Relief to Star Plus and Bharti Airtel in KBC case
- Airline Not Obliged To Escort Passengers To Boarding Gate: Supreme Court
- National Youth Day 2020 -Tobacco Intervention
- Are you using the Number 1 Product – Find out here?
- 31st National Road Safety Week – Bringing Change Through Youth Power
- Supreme Court enhanced award of compensation and said it cannot go restrictive just because the victim is from poor and rural background.
- Administrator Smt. Tara Bai Desai Charitable Opthalmic Trust Hospital, Jodhpur Vs. Managing Director Supreme Elevators India Pvt. Ltd & Ors.
- Hospital vicariously liable for medical negligence committed by its Doctors
- Consumer Fora have the jurisdiction to deal with the legality of the Statutory Fees imposed by the Statutory Authorities
- Dismissal of consumer complaints on mere technical grounds, defeats the purpose of ensuring justice: Supreme Court
- If the purchaser of good uses the good for earning livelihood, he is ‘consumer’: Supreme Court
- Supreme Court nullified builders’ effort to oust homebuyers from consumer courts and insolvency proceedings
- In class action suits, oneness of the interest is akin to a common grievance against same person: Supreme Court.
- Unfair to make homebuyers wait indefinitely for possession, directs developer to refund money: National Commission.
- Top Ten Judgments Of 2019
- Top 10 Judgements of 2019, Top 10 consumer cases of 2019
- Road Safety Network urges government to strengthen helmet law
- राष्ट्रीय उपभोक्ता दिवस (24 दिसंबर) पर विशेष रिपोर्ट : ताकि गुमराह न हो देश का उपभोक्ता
- It takes time to Empower Consumers !
- आपको मिलेगा 59 मिनट में बिजनेस लोन, ऐसे करें अप्लाई
- E Cigarettes Act 2019 Explained
- Road Accidents in India – A Stark Reality for All
- State Level Consultation for Sensitization of Stakeholders to Mandate the Strict Implementation of Vendor Licensing in Goa
- The Curse of Child Labour and Generating Consumer Awareness
- Air Purifier
- Green Action Week Workshop in Vivek Vihar and Ghaziabad
- Education Loan
- Water Purifier
- Workshop on Tans Fats with Government School Teachers in Mayur Vihar
- Green Action Week Workshop in Rajpur Khurd village
- Student Workshop on Trans Fat on World Food Day
- Stakeholders Consultation in Assam to adopt new rules of Motor Vehicles Act 2019 to strengthen road safety
- Stakeholders Consultation in Chandigarh to Adopt new rules of Motor Vehicles Act 2019
- OYO: Your Stay Provider
- Media Dialogue on Hypertension Management and Elimination of Trans Fatty Acid in Telangana
- Stakeholders’ Consultation on Road Safety
- Green Action Week 2019 – An Interactive Workshop with the Student Community
- Workshop on Green Action Week in Soami Nagar, New Delhi
- Hypertension – How to say goodbye to hypertension
- Run for a healthy Heart – An event to sensitise people on trans fat
- Take note of your daily food intake
- Want to keep your heart safe? It’s time to avoid these 5 foods rich in trans fat
- New set of Health Warnings on all Tobacco Products
- 6 Things to Keep in Mind Before Taking an Education Loan
- Should You Take an Education Loan for Higher Studies
- Is Microwave Cooking Safe?
- Consumer Protection Bill, Product Liability and Brand Protection
- 10 Best Reasons to Have Oats
- How to Avoid Artificially Ripened Fruits?
- Oats – Are Oats Healthy?
- Has Microwave Ovens Made Life Simple for Us?
- Thank you for Supporting the Consumer Protection Bill
- The fight against NCDs and trans fat
- Digital Payments and Risks
- Air Conditioner
- The Health-Oriented Faceoff : Mustard Oil vs. Rice Bran Oil vs. Olive Oil
- 6 Secrets to Avoid Getting Scammed Via Misleading Ads
- Top 7 Education Loans for Indians Seeking Foreign Education
- How to Increase the Shelf Life of Mustard Oil?
- Whitening Toothpaste – Does It Really Whiten Your Teeth
- FAQ On Filing Consumer Compliant Online
- Charcoal in Toothpaste – Is it good or bad?
- Is the Ice Cream You Buying Worth It?
- How to Ensure Filing Consumer Court Complaint Online Becomes Fruitful?
- Trust Cannot File a Consumer Protection Case as per the Consumer Protection Act
- How can Consumer Protection Act be a Boon
- Higher Taxation by GST Council will curb Tobacco Addiction
- National Consumer Commission Directed ICICI Prudential To Pay Rs. 5 Lakh To A Consumer For Denying Claim
- Doctor Is Vicariously Liable For The Acts Of His Team Members: National Commission
- Apex Consumer Court Directs Mercedes Benz To Pay Rs 2 Lakh To Customer As Compensation For Manufacturing Defects In Vehicle
- Apex Consumer Commission Directs Supertech to Refund 1 Crore To Homebuyer for Delay in Getting Occupation Certification (OC)
- Benefits of Ceiling Fans: How they Add Joy to Your Life
- Ceiling Fan – Handy Tips to Know Before You Buy a Ceiling Fan
- Surprising Facts About Ceiling Fans That No One Told You
- If you want to Breathe, Protect the Environment NOW!
- World No Tobacco Day – Bhopal-MP
- Critical Insurance Cover – Do You Need One?
- Is Milk Giving Our Children Enough Calcium?
- Top 10 Health Benefits of Mustard Oil
- How to Detect Ammonia in Our Food?
- Frost-Free Refrigerators vs.Direct Cool Refrigerators
- Best Way to Use a Frost-Free Refrigerator
- Dismissal Of Consumer Complaints On Mere Technical Grounds, Defeats The Purpose Of Ensuring Justice: Supreme Court
- National Commission Has No Jurisdiction To Entertain Revision Petition In Execution Proceedings: Supreme Court
- World No Tobacco Day 2019
- Is India ready for E-commerce?
- Lourdes Society Snehanjali Girls Hostel and ANR Vs M/s. H & R Johnson (India)
- National Insurance Co.Ltd vs Hindustan Safety Glass Works
- Moulivakkam Trust Heights Flats Affected Buyers Association & Other
- Ambrish Kumar Shukla & 21 ors. Vs. Ferrous Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd.
- Right to Online Privacy Without Rules
- 7 Things you should know before buying a Health Insurance Policy
- Types of Toothpastes
- Medicated Toothpastes – Pros and Cons
- Wrong Diagnosis Is Not Medial Negligence- Supreme Court
- Buyer Can’t Wait Indefinitely For Flat, Supreme Court Asks Developer To Refund The Amount Along With Interest
- Free Speech Cannot Be Silenced By Fear Of Mob: SC Fines Mamata Government For Shadow Ban On Political Satire
- Charging For Paper Carry Bags Amounts To Unfair Trade Practice; Consumer Forum Fines Bata Rs. 9000
- Importance of health insurance in India
- Why Are Co-Operative Banks in India Essential for the Country?
- You Won’t Believe How Beneficial Food Fortification Can Be!
- English Magazine August 2019
- English Magazine July 2018
- E-Cigarettes Survey Report
- 13 Reasons Why You Need to File Income Tax in India
- Frauds in Indian Education Sector and How to Stay Away from Them
- 5 tips to keep your skin healthy this summer
- Foods to Avoid During the Indian Summer
- FSSAI Announces New Packaging Regulations 2018
- English January 2019
- Big Tobacco-Tiny Targets Survey State Dissemination-Madhya Pradesh
- Big Tobacco-Tiny Targets study survey study dissemination – Tamil Nadu
- Pros and Cons of Branded Curd: Should You Buy One?
- How to Beat the Heat with Curd?
- Facts About Nutrients in Curd: It’s Truly Worth It!
- It’s time for consumers to wake up from their deep slumber!
- Curd vs. Yogurt vs. Probiotics: The Ultimate Faceoff
- Health Ministry Issues Advisory to States to Ban E-Cigarettes
- Big Tobacco-Tiny Targets Survey State Dissemination in Gujarat
- Big Tobacco-Tiny Targets Survey State Dissemination in Assam
- Home loans for low credit scores
- National commission directed builder to pay heavy damage for duping the consumer
- Apex Consumer Court Directed SBI To De-Freeze Pensioner’s Account Stating That “Pension Is For Survival Which Cannot Be Attached”
- Supreme court enhanced award of compensation and said it cannot go restrictive just because the victim is from poor and rural background
- Builders Can’t Give Excuse Of Approvals, Delay Flats On The Ground Of Force Majeure
- English Magazine Preview January 2019
- Panel Discussion – Consumers Should Be Protected Through Strong Laws
- Is Artificial Intelligence a friend or foe?
- Home Loans – Requirements and Eligibility
- Different types of Home Loans in India
- In the memory of late Professor P.K. Ghosh
- Ombudsman Scheme for Digital Transactions (OSDT)
- Organic Foods – Can they all be termed ‘organic’?
- Smart TV
- Frost Free DD Refrigerator
- Smart Products – a Boon or a Bane
- State Level Workshop for Sensitization Of Stakeholders to Support Tobacco Vendor Licensing Vijaywada, Andhra Pradesh
- City Level Workshop for Sensitization Of Stakeholders to Support Tobacco Vendor Licensing Tirupathi, Andhra Pradesh
- Classic Cornflakes Biscuit Recipe
- Importance of Travel Insurance for Overseas Travel for Students
- Indian Consumers: Arise, Awake To Urge Adaption Of Consumer Protection Bill
- Remembering Victims on WDR – OPEd in Financial Express by Parvesh Verma
- RERA – What, Who and How
- Homebuyers Are Not Allowed To Reap Benefits Of Their Own Delay In Taking Possession- Supreme Court
- Ordinance on Road Safety
- Things You Should Know About Pressure Washer Surface Cleaner
- Types of Surface Cleaners
- Things You Should Know About When Considering Overseas Travel Insurance for Pre-Existing Conditions
- NCLT DELHI INITIATES INSOLVENCY PROCESS AGAINST EMAAR MGF LAND
- Insolvency proceedings against real estate firm Emaar MGF Land
- Filing of ‘Class Action’ Consumer Complaints
- Filing of ‘Class Action’ Consumer Complaints
- 7 Simple Ways to Use Your Television Efficiently
- How to Choose Your TV Channels Wisely
- Pros and Cons of Surface Cleaners
- How to Find Health Insurance for International Student Travel
- Making the Smart Choice – Select the best surface cleaner
- Cornflakes – Your Morning Friend or Foe?
- From the Factory to the Bowl – The Process of making cornflakes
- Evidence for health benefits of non-sugar sweeteners weak
- Maggi controversy: SC revives government’s case against Nestle India in National Commission
- A curious case of erroneous verdicts, wrong interpretations and arzi-farzi proxy counsels
- Personal Income Tax Provisions for FY 2018–19
- City Level Workshop for Sensitization Of Stakeholders to Support Tobacco Vendor Licensing in Assam
- Does Your Food Claim Too Much?
- State Level Workshop for Sensitization Of Stakeholders to Support Tobacco Vendor Licensing Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- City Level Workshop for Sensitization Of Stakeholders to Support Tobacco Vendor Licensing in Madhya Pradesh
- Light of Hope for Consumers
- Road Safety Week 2019 – Sadak Suraksha – Jeevan Raksha
- Filing of ‘Class Action’ Consumer Complaints
- World Cancer Day
- World Consumer Rights Day 2019
- 10 Facts You Did Not Know About Instant Noodles
- City Level Workshops on Tobacco Control in Gujarat
- National Release of the “Big Tobacco Tiny Targets” Study
- Best butter for baking pound cake
- Importance of Wet Wipes
- What are chit funds?
- Doctors’ Duties, Consumers’ Fears and the laws in-between
- What’s Bad or Good About Instant Noodles?
- Importance of Packing of Butter
- How to Buy the Best Inverter
- Difference Between Solar Inverter and Normal Inverter
- Big Tobacco-Tiny Targets
- Salted or Unsalted Butter: Which Should I Use When?
- Differences between white butter and yellow butter?
- The Silver Leaf on Your Food – Is it safe for consumption?
- Ceramics in your home may cause cancer
- Food labels encourage healthier choices: Study
- Jet Airways to pay Rs 25,000 for changing flight without permission
- Maternity benefits not applicable only to live births
- What is E Payment and Types of E Payment Services
- Is it safe to shop online with a debit card?
- How to Use a Debit Card Online Safely: Debit Card Safety Tips You Mustn’t Ignore
- OP-Ed on Road Safety by Shri Baijayant Jay Panda
- Are Assured Return Schemes Likely To Be Declared Illegal By SEBI: Impact On Homebuyers And Builders
- Remedy Under RERA If No Builder-Buyer Agreement Is Executed
- Supreme Court Reiterates That Builders Can’t Force Buyers To Go For Arbitration Even After 2015 Amendment
- HRERA Gives Homebuyers Superior Right To Satisfy Claim
- State Level workshop for sensitization of stakeholders to support tobacco vendor licensing – Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Jago Grahak Jago Youth Festival, 2018 – Event Update
- Six Positive Changes in New Consumer Protection Law Passed in Lok Sabha – An Analysis by Prof Sri Ram Khanna & Consumer Voice Team
- State level workshop for sensitization of stakeholders to support tobacco vendor licensing – Ahmedabad
- What are hand sanitisers?
- Internet banking – private or nationalised banks have better services ?
- Online Banking Guide: The Advantages and Disadvantages
- A Stitch in Time Saves Nine – The Urgent Need to Pass the MVA Bill before it is too late
- Should You Go for Front Loading or Top Loading Washing Machine
- Want to Save on Utility Bills? Here’s What You Can Do to Boost Energy Efficiency in Washing Machine
- Top Washing Machine Features in Demand Right Now
- 2017 witnessed a 3% decline in road accident death, though fatalities remain high
- Recent Verdicts from Consumer Forums across India
- Did you know that your health information is confidential?
- What are Marie Biscuits Made Of?
- What are Dietary Fibers and How They Make You Healthy?
- Chit Funds (Amendment) Bill, 2018 – What’s amended and what’s not
- Think before you clean your hand with that hand sanitiser
- Simple Tests to check Adulterated Sweets
- State Level workshop for sensitization of stakeholders to support tobacco vendor licensing in Assam
- Liquid Mutual Fund – Buying Guide
- Home Buyers Entitled for Interest on Refund Even After Accepting Refund: National Commission
- Consumer VOICE Press Release on Road Safety 2018
- PDF Testing
- Supreme Court Warned State Governments For Non-Appointment Of Lokyukta/Uplokayukta
- TRAI to Have Supreme Authority Over Television Channels and Bouquet Prices – Supreme Court
- World Day of Remembrance – Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh)
- World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims (WDR) – Chandigarh
- World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims (WDR) – Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- How to choose the best Liquid Mutual Fund
- What are Liquid Mutual Funds?
- Antimicrobial Agents in the Food Chain – Use and Misuse
- Things to Keep in Mind Before Buying your TV
- Streaming Devices to make your TV smart
- Where Can You File a Complaint against Fraudulent Ponzi Companies?
- Is your food spoilt?
- To Invest or Not Invest in Ponzi Schemes
- Ponzi Scheme – Precautions to take
- Use of Antimicrobial Agents in India
- Importance of Food Preservation
- Aadhaar judgement: Supreme Court clarifies what needs to linked and what does not need to be
- Is Your Utensil Bar Environmentally Friendly? How to Check?
- Utensil Bar Soap vs. Utensil Liquid Washers: Which One Should You Go For?
- World Day of Remembrance 2018 – Remember and Reflect, Remember and Respond
- Ncdrc Raps Insurance Company For Ambiguous Term; Ordered The Insurance Company To Pay Additional Compensation Of 2 Lakhs For Unfair Trade Practice
- India Ranks Fifth in Pictorial warnings in the world and only SAARC country with Quit Line Number
- Increase Cess on tobacco products to increase revenue for disaster management
- National Commission: Insurance Claim cannot be denied on ground of Common Lifestyle Diseases
- Air Quality
- National Commission directed Unitech to pay 58.41 lakh to the aggrieved homebuyer
- Murder to be treated as accidental death while claiming insurance: National Commission
- National Commission ordered Indigo Airlines to pay rs. 20,000/- for leaving behind the passengers
- Apex Consumer Court directed Indian Postal Service to pay Rs 24.8 lakhs to Jain Brothers
- Homebuyers can seek higher compensation than what is mentioned in agreement for delayed flat: National Commission
- Green Action Week plantation drive on Sharing Community – Clean Air for All: 21st October 2018
- Check Air Quality Index
- Tamil Nadu bans E-cigarettes following Government Advisory
- A tale of three builders – Unitech, Amarpali and Jaypee and many many homebuyers
- Buying Guide: How to buy Best Term Life Insurance Plans?
- Buying Guide: Types of Water Purifiers – RO, UV, UF and Candle Filter
- Submitting ‘Execution’ Petition at Consumer Court: Is there a timeline?
- Health Benefits of Honey: Why you should include healthy honey in your diet
- What Makes Honey Organic?
- Green Action Week plantation drive on Sharing Community-Clean Air for All: 6th October 2018
- Antacids: Not healthy over the long term
- How to check purity of Honey?
- Consumer Protection Act is not a tool to create ’nuisance Value’ In Government Offices: National Commission
- Green Action Week plantation drive in Soami Nagar Model School, New Delhi-3 October 2018
- Towards a Cleaner Greener Delhi through Plantation Drive
- Financial Planning Basics: Creating a Financial Plan in Six Simple Steps
- Green Action Week 2018 -Plantation Drive- 8th September 2018
- How to File an RTI Online?
- Delhi consumer commission orders hospital to pay Rs 25 lakh compensation
- Keep patients info private: Andhra Pradesh consumer commission
- Buying Guide: Kitchen Chimney Price, Capacity, Comparison of Models and more
- Awareness Meet on the Dangers of Tobacco and E-Cigarettes in Panaji, Goa
- GATS 2 Report – An Increase in Tobacco Consumption in Some States in India
- Op-Eds on Motor Vehicle (Amendment) Bill 2017
- All About Paneer: how to make paneer, nutrition facts and how to buy and store paneer
- Payment Banks: So that no one is left out
- SC remands Jaypee matter to NCLT leaving homebuyers in an unresolved state
- How airlines estimate flight ticket cancellation charges? Are they legally valid?
- Know About Cold-pressed Juices, Oils and other Food Products
- Case Study: PROVISIONS OF RERA WOULD BE APPLICABLE TO LONG TERM ‘LEASE AGREEMENTS’ by Lavasa WHERE SUBSTANTIAL INVESTMENT IS MADE: BOMBAY HIGH COURT
- Guide to Buying a Safer Car
- A Comprehensive Guide for Retirement Planning in India
- Delhi High Court Asks Railways to Create a Mediation Policy
- How to Wash Clothes | Laundry Tips that Anyone Can Try
- Smart TV Converter | Convert TV to Smart TV
- Smart TV Buying Guide: What is a Smart TV? | Smart TV Features
- Case Study: Consumer can’t claim compensation if the “Necessary Parties” are not included in the Consumer Court Case
- Retailer ordered to compensate for selling cake post expiry date
- Delhi consumer court fines government department for deficiency in service
- Understanding the Cooperative Banking Structure in India
- List of Cooperative Banks in India
- Cooperative Banks: Cooperative Banking meaning, their limitations and how are they different from commercial banks
- CONFLICT BETWEEN THE PROVISIONS OF INSOLVENCY AND BANKRUPTCY CODE, 2016 AND REAL ESTATE (REGULATION AND DEVELOPMENT) ACT, 2016
- All You Need to Know About Filing GST Return Online
- GST FAQs – What is GST, Benefits, Implementation and More
- How to do GST Registration Online and Get a GST Number?
- Rancidity: Effects on health and tips to avoid rancidity
- What are E-Cigarettes or Vapour Smoke and what are the health hazards of E-Cigarettes?
- Ban E-Cigarettes to Secure Future
- Beware of Additional GST on MRP and Discounted MRP Levied by Unethical Retailers
- Haj pilgrims are not consumers, can’t claim refund, says top consumer court
- Ban on growth drug oxytocin from July 1
- National Pension Scheme (NPS): Eligibility, Joining Process and Types
- What is Rice Bran Oil?
- Buying Guide: Laptop Features, Types of Laptops and more
- Are you a SMART Consumer ?
- Study by Consumer VOICE Revealed upto 85% adulteration in Loose Edible Oils
- Buying Guide: How to choose the best retirement plans
- Living Will becomes crucial since Passive Euthanasia is legal in India now
- Types of Perfumes and Fragrances: The scent of sweet somethings, but there may be a catch
- Ban on e-cigarette announced by Health Minister Shri Vijay Bhaskar in the state of Tamilnadu
- Is your toothpaste healthy? Do you know the harmful ingredients toothpaste can have?
- Buying Guide: Smartphones – features and Operating Systems
- Delhi high court asks railways to set up a mediation policy after deciding 30 years accident claim
- National Workshop on Road Safety – 19th June, New Delhi
- Buying Guide: How to get the Best Top up Medical Insurance Plan?
- What happens to Fixed Deposits in case banks or finance companies go bankrupt?
- Time is Right for Making Road Safety a National Priority
- Alcohol bottles will start carrying ‘don’t drink & drive’ label
- Hundreds of fridges, freezers and fridge freezers currently on sale in shops across the UK are potentially unsafe
- WHO releases REPLACE programme to eliminate industrially-produced trans-fat acids from food supply
- World No Tobacco Day 2018
- Key Differences Between Mediation and Arbitration
- Consumer Interest Protected by National Company Law Appellate Tribunal
- What are cornflakes? How are they made?
- Bank must compensate woman for sharing info with estranged husband
- Railways must compensate for dosa served with iron screw
- Tobacco Breaks Hearts
- What is 80c?
- Buying Guide for Coffee Makers ( Coffee Machines)
- Packers and Movers are Service Providers : Some cases of Negligence
- Railways can’t be blamed for chain snatching through window: NCDRC
- Raw fruit and vegetables beneficial for mental health
- Artificial sweeteners can still lead to obesity and diabetes, study claims
- Currency notes likely to cause diseases: Food safety authority
- Good news for pensioners: Medical reimbursement cannot be denied because treatment was in non- empanelled hospital
- File Income Tax Return Online with These Simple Steps
- Have a Grievance against a NBFC? There is an Ombudsman to go to
- Not Allowed to Board a Flight? The airline could be at fault
- If there are deficiencies in your flat, complain within 2 Years of possession
- Can Consumer Forums Set Aside the Arbitration Clause?
- Do you know the ingredients in your shampoo?
- Latest Income Tax Slabs for FY 2019-20
- Learn Facts About Coffee
- Know the best coffee makers (coffee machine) between 900 to 4K
- Everything you need to know about packaged milk
- Case Studies: Flat buyers can unite as one party against builders under Section 12 of CPA Act
- Consumer Voice Urges Nitin Gadkri To Join Hands With The UN General Assembly In Their Resolution To Tackle Global Road Safety Problem
- Guidelines of Dietary Salt for Indians by WHO and National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad
- Hyderabad Forum slaps Rs 50,000 fine on insurance company
- No need to pay extra for bottled water at cinemas, malls and airports: Ram Vilas Paswan
- Abide by what you say: Consumer court directs Chhattisgarh Housing Board
- Consumers can approach civil and consumer courts too for compensation in case denied boarding: DGCA
- Commercial Vehicle Insurance Claim Process
- Parabens or Preservatives: in your food and makeup
- What Does the Package Commercial Car Insurance Policy Offer?
- What is the inverter technology in air conditioners?
- Introducing ISEER Rating – Indian Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio
- The Advantages and Disadvantages of an Inverter AC
- 10 Tips to have the most energy efficient AC to lower the electricity bill
- How to Install an AC: Principles of AC Installation
- Adoption of the United Nations General Assembly resolution on road safety by India
- Consumer VOICE and its State Partners Hail the Ministry’s Decision on Pictorial Warning on Cigarette Packs
- NOTE and Consumer VOICE meet in Goa on tobacco control and role of media
- Common Symptoms of Diabetes and Types of Diabetes
- Food Advertisements complaints reported on Advertising Standard Council of India ( ASCI) portal
- Media Sensitization – Press Meet at Chandigarh on 30th March, 2018
- Consumer VOICE’s Rejoinder to TRAI White Paper on Measurement of Internet Data Speeds
- The NEW CONSUMER PROTECTION BILL, 2018
- SUPREME COURT ON 13.03.2018 EXTENDS DEADLINE OF 31.03.2018 FOR MANDATORY LINKAGE OF AADHAAR WITH BANK ACCOUNTS, MOBILE AND PAN TILL THE DISPOSAL OF AADHAAR CASES
- Builders can’t force Buyers to go for Arbitration
- Press Meet on Tobacco Intervention at Chennai Press Club on 27 th Feb 2018
- SBI guilty of deficiency in service
- Forums in Delhi are faced with a backlog of 18,000 cases
- WORLD CONSUMER RIGHTS DAY 2018- WORKSHOP ON “NEED FOR BETTER QUALITY OF INTERNET SERVICES TO MAKE INDIA TRULY DIGITAL
- Most Common Food Adulterants and Harmful Effects Of Food Adulteration
- Food Adulteration Tests
- Prevention of Food Adulteration Act 1954 and Food Safety and Standards Act 2006
- Aakash Institute penalised for poor service
- SBI to compensate for issuing recovery notice for settled loan
- Health Benefits of Curd
- Microwave Oven Buying Guide
- Inclusions and Exceptions of International Travel Insurance
- Points to consider to finalize Overseas Travel Insurance
- Airtel found guilty of overbilling
- Britannia fined for selling packet with less than printed weight
- Press Interaction Meet – Road Safety, 28 February 2018
- Case Study: Consumer Forums cannot entertain cases pending at Civil Court
- Internet Speed – Where is the Speed?
- Arbitration agreements cannot oust the jurisdiction of consumer forums
- SC gives four weeks to Centre to file model rules on consumer fora
- Press Interaction Meet – Voice of Road Crash Victims and Support from Members of Parliament
- Roopa Vajpeyi: An Era Gone By
- Road Safety Week February 2018 Media Coverage
- Consumer VOICE – ROAD SAFETY WEEK – 5 DAYS – 5 PLEDGES
- Fresh Fruit Juice vs Packaged juice
- All about Second Hand Car Loans
- Washing Machine Buying Guide: How to buy a Washing Machine?
- How to increase the life and efficiency of a washing machine?
- Nominee vs Legal Heir: Let there be no confusion
- Croma store fined for refusing refund on failed transaction
- Digital India – Do we have the Right Internet Speed?
- School asked to refund fee for mistreating child
- 76% of LED bulb brands and 71% of LED downlighter brands in India flout consumer safety standards: Nielsen study
- Electricity company cannot cut power without notice
- Disputes Resolution under RERA Act 2016
- Reducing Fatalities by 50% by 2020 – Where are we Heading?
- Beating Breast cancer
- Loving foods that love you back
- Blood Pressure Monitors : Checking on your Health
- 9 ways to eat healthier right now
- A lot to loss
- Is Soya Healthy?
- Wasting all that food
- A little science in the kitchen
- Chemical Cuisine
- Aman Anti Ragging Movement (Aman Kachroo) – A Case Study
- Builders can’t force buyers to go for arbitration or mediation
- Anti Ragging Law and Ragging in University
- GIR 2016- Limits, Controls and Hampers Consumer’s Right to Information
- Bank Locker Insurance
- Advantages and disadvantages of bank lockers
- Chemicals in your breakfast bread
- White Bread vs Brown Bread
- Types of water heaters and geysers
- Refrigerator Usage Tips: How to Make your Refrigerator Energy Efficient Fridge
- Refrigerator Buying Guide
- Types of Refrigerators
- Refrigerator Storage – How to keep Food Safe in Refrigerator
- Important Refrigerator Features
- Water Heater Buying Guide
- Tips for Hiring a Locker
- What are the RBI Guidelines on Bank Lockers?
- What is the difference between powdered milk and dairy whitener?
- What do Food Labels say?
- Traffic Light Labeling System
- Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA)
- Dietary Fiber: Types and Benefits of High Fiber Diet
- What are ULIP returns and why should I invest in ULIP?
- What is ULIP or Unit Linked Investment Plan?
- What are Associated ULIP charges?
- Cable TV Digitization
- Food Fortification-Why do we need it?
- What is Proprietary Food?
- How to improve air quality in your home?
- Operating Cost of Air Filters
- Types of Home Air Purifier
- Home Air Purifier – Important Terms to know
- Adults shouldn’t have to wear diapers
- Home Loan Complaints – Grievance and Redressal of NBFCs Home Loans
- NBFC Home Loan Interest Rates
- Features and Home Loan eligibility from an NBFC
- Home Loan Insurance from NBFCs
- Do you believe in Ayurveda?
- Salty Health
- To Your Health
- The Wild Side – Where’s the Eco-Tourism
- Make your diet starve cancer
- FOOD SNIPPETS
- Bombay High Court repels builders’ challenge to Real Estate Regulation ACT
- Pesticide in Food
- Bt Brinjal : Temporary Relief
- Buying Organic Food on a Budget
- Eating Right