CHIFSS (CII HUL Initiative on Food Safety Sciences) in partnership with FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India) and Consumer VOICE is organizing a webinar to make the end consumer aware of the best practices of food safety at every step, and sensitizing consumers about possible virus exposure.
Date : 14/05/20
Time: 1100 -1330 hrs
COVID-19 has changed the world forever. It will keep an undesirable impression for the rest of our lives. Industries across all domains have been severely affected. Economy across the world over has been greatly impacted. There are instances of food scarcity everywhere and in India food safety is also coming up as a major issue. Keeping food safe at this time has become a top priority for the all the stake holders. The food before reaching us goes through several processes including handling, storage, and cleaning. In the current situation it requires great deal of precaution and sanitation. This webinar will therefore serve a twofold purpose:
- Enhance the knowledge to prevent and combat the spread ofCOVID-19
- Guide participants to obtain an understanding of Norms and Best Practices related to Personal Hygiene and Food Safety
Agenda of the Webinar
This program will help consumers to develop an understanding of COVID 19, sources of cross infection and best practices in conducting daily activities, Food handling and Safety measures during the pandemic.
- Corona Virus, COVID 19 & Symptoms
- Overview of Preventive Measures
- Personal Hygiene
- Social Distancing
- Cleaning and Disinfection in Homes
- Purchasing & Cleaning Purchased Items
- What you need to know on Food Packaging
- Recommended Norms when Sick
- Snap shots of Precautions by FBOs to ensure Consumer Health and Food Safety
- Frequently Asked Questions
- FSSAI Displays on COVID 19
- Key References
- Dr Siva Kumar, Director, Regulatory Affairs, South Asia, Unilever
- Dr Indrani Ghose, Strategic Advisor- Food Safety and Quality, CII
- Mr AshimSanyal, COO, Consumer Voice
- N. Bhaskar, Advisor (Standards) FSSAI
- CII FACE Faculty
About the Organisers
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) was established under Food Safety and Standards , 2006 which consolidates various acts & orders that have hitherto handled food related issues in various Ministries and Departments. FSSAI has been created for laying down science based standards for articles of food and to regulate their manufacture, storage, distribution, sale and import to ensure availability of safe and wholesome food for human consumption.
Consumer VOICE is a Voluntary Action Group of Academicians, Professionals and Volunteers who work relentlessly to raise awareness amongst Indian consumers about their own Consumer Rights and the governing Consumer Laws. Established in 1983, Consumer VOICE has championed consumer education in the country ever since. Over the years, VOICE has been representing consumers and protecting their interests with policy-makers, the judiciary and statutory regulatory bodies.
The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) is a non-government, not-for-profit, industry-led and industry-managed organization, playing a proactive role in India's development process.CII works to create and sustain an environment conducive to the development of India, partnering industry, Government, and civil society, through advisory and consultative processes. Founded in 1895 and celebrating 125 years in 2020, India's premier business association has more than 9100 members.