Latest from our Health Blog
Parabens or Preservatives: in your food and makeup
It is common to find the claim ‘parabens-free’ on a label these days. Such claims can be specifically found in some cosmetic products. The question, then, is: what are parabens and why has the claim that something is ‘parabens-free’ become an important and differentiating factor? Is it because parabens
Loving foods that love you back
Nutrition and health are much talked-about subjects but do we really make rational consumption choices in our everyday lives? Here are some foods that will do you good, and others that will make you overdraw on your body’s energy reserves
Ever really taken a
Blood Pressure Monitors : Checking on your Health
Home blood pressure monitors are especially important for the elderly, pregnant women, diabetics and people with kidney disease. Experts recommend that if you are buying one, choose one with an upper-arm cuff, not a wrist or finger device, as they can be most inaccurate
9 ways to eat healthier right now
Food marketers and fitness proponents, both are cashing in on the consumer anxiety and fetish with health. Yet, junk foods and several other foods with no nutrition are hogging shelf space in markets. From the health and environmental perspectives, there are foods that one
Wasting all that food
Think.Eat.Save. The people behind World Environment Day this year have most certainly deliberately left out the spaces between the words. Perhaps so that we make the connection between our food choices and the larger impacts of these choices—and realize that the connection is too
A little science in the kitchen
How to make food—specially fresh produce—last long enough to be used up
Did you know that storing cabbage, cucumbers, and leafy vegetables alongside tomatoes and apples causes the greens to decay? This is because some foods are great ethylene-producers and quickly spoil other foods
Chemicals in your breakfast bread
It has been found time and again that processed and packaged food, however ‘natural, contains additives and chemicals that are controversial, or outright harmful to human health. Bread, that is the most common processed breakfast food, has a suspected tumour-causing additive, Potassium Bromate, in
Dietary Fiber: Types and Benefits of High Fiber Diet
Dietary fiber is commonly known as roughage or bulk. It includes the parts of plant foods our body can’t digest or absorb. Nutrients in food like fats, proteins or carbohydrates are broken down during digestion and absorbed by our body for its normal functioning. However, certain nutrients are
How to improve air quality in your home?
Fully insulated homes, with windows double-glazed and lofts lagged, save on energy costs. But this can also seal in the pollutants that are found in the home. These pollutants are created while cooking, from using cleaning products and toiletries, or from an open fire.
Adults shouldn’t have to wear diapers
Even though it does not get a ton of mainstream press, Urinary Incontinence is more prevalent than most people think… and it’s definitely no laughing matter. Call it a weak, leaky or overactive bladder… Urinary Incontinence affects many people around the world. Urinary incontinence
Do you believe in Ayurveda?
Ayurveda may be the worlds most ancient system of medicine and healing, but its revival in the 21st century will depend on whether the system can have state-of-the-art research and development facilities. With multi-billion dollar pharmaceutical companies giving Ayurveda tough competition, Ayurvedic drugs will
Reducing salt intake may help manage blood pressure and prevent water retention. If you are taking medication for these conditions, it is still important to reduce salt intake to help the medication work more effectively.
Pregnant women should not restrict the amount of sodium
Make your diet starve cancer
A multitude of antioxidants and phytochemicals in fruits, vegetables, and legumes are being studied intensely by cancer experts as a result of some promising studies showing these foods anti-cancer properties. This research is leading people to believe that a vegetarian diet may be one
Bt Brinjal : Temporary Relief
The questions about GM technology that are relevant to consumer safety, whether they be farmers or average consumers are the concern of consumer organizations like VOICE. The very first one of these is: Are genetically modified crops safe to consume , especially
Banned Sub-Standard Spurious Medicines
Indian Healthcare sector has come a long way, being almost non-existing during 1970’s to a prominent provider of health care products, meeting almost 95% of country’s pharmaceutical needs and is expected to become a US$280 billion industry by 2020.
Diabetes and You
Diabetes and You:Lifestyle Issues
The prizes offered by television programme quiz contests are actually just another way of raking in money for the programme organisers and telecom service providers. For three months that the Kaun Banega Crorepati programme ran on Star TV, Bharti
An innovative weight loss treatment per session
With people becoming extremely cautious about weight and are reducing the diet to be in shape, VLCC, the largest players in the wellness domain with leadership status in slimming, beauty and fitness services has introduced innovative slimming
Cancer Survivors Day Special
Cancer Survivors Day Special
CancerJust the name is enough to scare anyone. During the whole process of cancer treatment apart from physical trauma patient goes through an entire roller- coaster of emotions. Death is the first word that comes to patient”s mind when diagnosed with cancer.
12 food additives to avoid
Hungry? How does a cheese sandwich on whole wheat with potato chips sound? Does munching on nitrate, sodium stearyl lactylate, and monocalcium phosphate have the same appeal? Probably not, but a look at the ingredients of pre-packaged stuff and almost every other type of
Chocolates: should they be refrigerated?
The recent episode when live worms were found in Cadbury’s Dairy Milk chocolate has shown how the seemingly safe food product can become hazardous to health. The excuse that Cadbury’s is putting forth is that the worm infestation has been due to poor storage
The practice of breastfeeding is almost universal in India barring a few urban educated women and the high socio-economic groups. The later groups too are now beginning to appreciate the advantages of breastfeeding.
Universally it is now recognized that breastfeeding is a very important
Sulphites: the Asthma culprit
Few people know that there are preservatives in foods like sulphites which can trigger breathing difficulties in asthma patients. In many countries, sulphites are recognised as potential allergens and labelling them clearly on the product label is required by law. In India, the standards
Ayurvedic, Siddha & Unani Medicines
From 1st April 2010, Ayurveda, Siddha and Unani medicines sconspicuously display the date of expiry on the label of container or package and after the said date of expiry, these medicines shall not be in circulation. This is as per notification dated 15th October,
Check your spices: there could be dung, sand, husk, colour…
This is not just another article to inform you about what harm can be caused by eating adulterated spices. That much has been talked about enough and you know all that you should. This write-up is more of a practical guide for you to
Medical negligence, do not suffer silently, claim compensation
NCDRC orders Delhi hospital, doctors to pay Rs 64 lakh for medical negligence
The apex consumer forum has ordered Delhi-based private hospital Maharaja Agrasen Hospital and three of its doctors to pay Rs 64 lakh to a woman for medical negligence that is deficiency
We all have used antibiotics to treat severe bacterial infections at some point or the other. But medics are now concerned about the misuse that has contributed to a rise in disease causing bacterial resistance.
What is Antibiotic Resistance?
When an antibiotic drug no
When can a hospital be charged for medical negligence?
What is the responsibility of hospital towards its patients?
How is a government-run hospital different from a private hospital or nursing home with regard to settlement of responsibility vis-á-vis deficiency in service?
What are the role and responsibilities of a doctor towards their patients?
Tobacco – A Menace Among Children
The prevalence of tobacco smoking in India among minors aged between 15-17 years and adolescents between 18-24 years has reduced according to the latest GATS-2 (Global Adult Tobacco Survey) report of 2016-17. The situation is still alarming and remains a serious cause for concern .
Breast reduction cannot always be cosmetic surgery
A consumer court in Ahmedabad has dismissed an insurance company’s argument that breast- reduction surgery is invariably cosmetic. The court ordered the insurance company, which had denied a 55-year-old woman’s claim, to pay all costs for the mammoplasty she had undergone. The woman had incurred medical costs amounting
What is Organic Food 2017
Organic food is the result of a farming system which avoids the use of pesticides and man-made fertilisers, Organic farming promotes ecological balance and conserves biodiversity. They are produced without use of genetically modified or GM components.
Myth vs Reality#MythOrganic Food
No sale of sugary drinks in schools across the EU
The European soft drinks industry, represented by UNESDA, has announced that it will voluntarily cease sales of drinks containing added sugars in secondary schools across the EU. The move expands the existing decade-long policy of banning soft drinks from primary schools and will impact over 50,000 secondary schools
Organic Certification and Symbols for Organic Food in India
It’s true, of course, that there’s relatively less awareness about organic products, what goes into the process, how is their credibility established, what are the long-term effects, and so on. consumers often assume that foods that are labelled ‘organic’ are good for health and
Are Organic Food Products Healthier and Expensive too?
Many studies suggest that organic foods products are safer and healthier than other conventionally grown food items, in addition to being better for the environment. Organic fruits and vegetables and other products have less chemical exposure and some products are more nutritious than the conventional food products.
J&J talcum powder can cause ovarian cancer; brand loses third trial in California and asked to pay $70 million to complainant
In the United States, Johnson & Johnson has lost a third straight trial while defending a claim that its talcum powder can cause ovarian cancer. Deciding against evidences, arguments and justifications given by the company’s lawyers, a St Louis jury awarded a California woman who had sued the
Stages of Cancer: Claims and Payouts in case of Cancer Insurance Plan
Some facts for you to ponder:
There are over 100 types of cancers which can affect human beings.
Any part of a body can be affected at any time and without any warning signals.
The incidence of cancer is
Diet soda may increase risk for stroke and dementia
A new study, published in the American Heart Association’s journal Stroke, links diet soft drinks to an increased risk for stroke and dementia. Researchers studied more than 4,000 people over 45 who had filled out food-frequency questionnaires and had periodic health examinations between 1991 and 2001. The scientists
There may be a connection between diet foods and weight gain: Study
People trying to lose weight should stop reaching for ‘diet’ foods, according to a new study that found that the high levels of sugar in the products could actually be having the opposite effect.
A team of researchers at the University of Georgia fed a group of rats
Doctor left surgical sponge inside uterus; ordered to pay over Rs 2 lakh
The Gujarat State Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission has upheld a Surat consumer court’s decision ordering a gynaecologist to pay over Rs 2 lakh to a patient for forgetting a surgical sponge in her uterus after a caesarean in 2003. The consumer court in Surat had held the doctor
What Is Packaged Drinking Water?
It is water derived from varied sources including surface, ground or sea and subjected to treatment like decantation, filtration (including aeration filtration with membrane filter, cartridge filter, activated carbon filtration), demineralisation, mineralisation and reverse osmosis. The packaged water is also disinfected before being packed
Check your spices: there could be dung, sand, husk, colour…
This is not just another article to inform you about what harm can be caused by eating adulterated spices. That much has been talked about enough and you know all that you should. This write-up is more of a practical guide for you to find out if spices
- Buying Guide: How to get the Best Top up Medical Insurance Plan?
- What happens to Fixed Deposits in case banks or finance companies go bankrupt?
- Time is Right for Making Road Safety a National Priority
- Alcohol bottles will start carrying ‘don’t drink & drive’ label
- Hundreds of fridges, freezers and fridge freezers currently on sale in shops across the UK are potentially unsafe
- WHO releases REPLACE programme to eliminate industrially-produced trans-fat acids from food supply
- World No Tobacco Day 2018
- Key Differences Between Mediation and Arbitration
- Consumer Interest Protected by National Company Law Appellate Tribunal
- What are cornflakes? How are they made?
- Bank must compensate woman for sharing info with estranged husband
- Railways must compensate for dosa served with iron screw
- Tobacco Breaks Hearts
- What is 80c?
- Buying Guide for Coffee Makers ( Coffee Machines)
- How to Apply for a PAN Card Online?
- Packers and Movers are Service Providers : Some cases of Negligence
- Railways can’t be blamed for chain snatching through window: NCDRC
- Raw fruit and vegetables beneficial for mental health
- Artificial sweeteners can still lead to obesity and diabetes, study claims
- Currency notes likely to cause diseases: Food safety authority
- Good news for pensioners: Medical reimbursement cannot be denied because treatment was in non- empanelled hospital
- File Income Tax Return Online with These Simple Steps
- Have a Grievance against a NBFC? There is an Ombudsman to go to
- Not Allowed to Board a Flight? The airline could be at fault
- If there are deficiencies in your flat ,complain within 2 Years of possession
- Can Consumer Forums Set Aside the Arbitration Clause?
- Do you know the ingredients in your shampoo?
- Latest Income Tax Slabs
- Learn Facts About Coffee
- Know the best coffee makers (coffee machine) between 900 to 4K
- Everything you need to know about packaged milk
- Case Studies: Flat buyers can unite as one party against builders under Section 12 of CPA Act
- Consumer Voice Urges Nitin Gadkri To Join Hands With The UN General Assembly In Their Resolution To Tackle Global Road Safety Problem
- Guidelines of Dietary Salt for Indians by WHO and National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad
- Hyderabad Forum slaps Rs 50,000 fine on insurance company
- No need to pay extra for bottled water at cinemas, malls and airports: Ram Vilas Paswan
- Abide by what you say: Consumer court directs Chhattisgarh Housing Board
- Consumers can approach civil and consumer courts too for compensation in case denied boarding: DGCA
- Commercial Vehicle Insurance Claim Process
- Parabens or Preservatives: in your food and makeup
- What Does the Package Commercial Car Insurance Policy Offer?
- What is the inverter technology in air conditioners?
- Introducing ISEER Rating – Indian Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio
- The Advantages and Disadvantages of an Inverter AC
- 10 Tips to have the most energy efficient AC to lower the electricity bill
- How to Install an AC: Principles of AC Installation
- Adoption of the United Nations General Assembly resolution on road safety by India
- Consumer VOICE and its State Partners Hail the Ministry’s Decision on Pictorial Warning on Cigarette Packs
- NOTE and Consumer VOICE meet in Goa on tobacco control and role of media
- Common Symptoms of Diabetes and Types of Diabetes
- Food Advertisements complaints reported on Advertising Standard Council of India ( ASCI) portal
- Media Sensitization – Press Meet at Chandigarh on 30th March, 2018
- Consumer VOICE’s Rejoinder to TRAI White Paper on Measurement of Internet Data Speeds
- The NEW CONSUMER PROTECTION BILL, 2018
- SUPREME COURT ON 13.03.2018 EXTENDS DEADLINE OF 31.03.2018 FOR MANDATORY LINKAGE OF AADHAAR WITH BANK ACCOUNTS, MOBILE AND PAN TILL THE DISPOSAL OF AADHAAR CASES
- Builders can’t force Buyers to go for Arbitration
- Press Meet on Tobacco Intervention at Chennai Press Club on 27 th Feb 2018
- SBI guilty of deficiency in service
- Forums in Delhi are faced with a backlog of 18,000 cases
- WORLD CONSUMER RIGHTS DAY 2018- WORKSHOP ON “NEED FOR BETTER QUALITY OF INTERNET SERVICES TO MAKE INDIA TRULY DIGITAL
- Most Common Food Adulterants and Harmful Effects Of Food Adulteration
- Food Adulteration Tests
- Prevention of Food Adulteration Act 1954 and Food Safety and Standards Act 2006
- Aakash Institute penalised for poor service
- SBI to compensate for issuing recovery notice for settled loan
- Health Benefits of Curd
- Microwave Oven Buying Guide
- Inclusions and Exceptions of International Travel Insurance
- Points to consider to finalize Overseas Travel Insurance
- Airtel found guilty of overbilling
- Britannia fined for selling packet with less than printed weight
- Press Interaction Meet – Road Safety, 28 February 2018
- Case Study: Consumer Forums cannot entertain cases pending at Civil Court
- Internet Speed – Where is the Speed?
- Arbitration agreements cannot oust the jurisdiction of consumer forums
- SC gives four weeks to Centre to file model rules on consumer fora
- Press Interaction Meet – Voice of Road Crash Victims and Support from Members of Parliament
- Roopa Vajpeyi: An Era Gone By
- Road Safety Week February 2018 Media Coverage
- Consumer VOICE – ROAD SAFETY WEEK – 5 DAYS – 5 PLEDGES
- Fresh Fruit Juice vs Packaged juice
- All about Second Hand Car Loans
- Washing Machine Buying Guide: How to buy a Washing Machine?
- How to increase the life and efficiency of a washing machine?
- Nominee vs Legal Heir: Let there be no confusion
- Croma store fined for refusing refund on failed transaction
- Digital India – Do we have the Right Internet Speed?
- School asked to refund fee for mistreating child
- 76% of LED bulb brands and 71% of LED downlighter brands in India flout consumer safety standards: Nielsen study
- Electricity company cannot cut power without notice
- Disputes Resolution under RERA Act 2016
- Reducing Fatalities by 50% by 2020 – Where are we Heading?
- Beating Breast cancer
- Loving foods that love you back
- Blood Pressure Monitors : Checking on your Health
- 9 ways to eat healthier right now
- A lot to loss
- Is Soya Healthy?
- Wasting all that food
- A little science in the kitchen
- Chemical Cuisine
- Aman Anti Ragging Movement (Aman Kachroo) – A Case Study
- Builders can’t force buyers to go for arbitration or mediation
- Anti Ragging Law and Ragging in University
- GIR 2016- Limits, Controls and Hampers Consumer’s Right to Information
- Bank Locker Insurance
- Advantages and disadvantages of bank lockers
- Chemicals in your breakfast bread
- White Bread vs Brown Bread
- Types of water heaters and geysers
- Refrigerator Usage Tips: How to Make your Refrigerator Energy Efficient Fridge
- Refrigerator Buying Guide
- Types of Refrigerators
- Refrigerator Storage – How to keep Food Safe in Refrigerator
- Important Refrigerator Features
- Water Heater Buying Guide
- Tips for Hiring a Locker
- What are the RBI Guidelines on Bank Lockers?
- What is the difference between powdered milk and dairy whitener?
- What do Food Labels say?
- Traffic Light Labeling System
- Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA)
- Dietary Fiber: Types and Benefits of High Fiber Diet
- What are ULIP returns and why should I invest in ULIP?
- What is ULIP or Unit Linked Investment Plan?
- What are Associated ULIP charges?
- Cable TV Digitization
- “OIL FORTIFICATION – A Drive against Malnutrition”
- Food Fortification-Why do we need it?
- What is Proprietary Food?
- How to improve air quality in your home?
- Operating Cost of Air Filters
- Types of Home Air Purifier
- Home Air Purifier – Important Terms to know
- Adults shouldn’t have to wear diapers
- Home Loan Complaints – Grievance and Redressal of NBFCs Home Loans
- NBFC Home Loan Interest Rates
- Features and Home Loan eligibility from an NBFC
- Home Loan Insurance from NBFCs
- Do you believe in Ayurveda?
- Salty Health
- To Your Health
- The Wild Side – Where’s the Eco-Tourism
- Make your diet starve cancer
- FOOD SNIPPETS
- Bombay High Court repels builders’ challenge to Real Estate Regulation ACT
- Pesticide in Food
- Bt Brinjal : Temporary Relief
- Buying Organic Food on a Budget
- Eating Right
- Anti-Dumping Norms
- Diabetes and You
- A Thought – Environment Protection
- Indian Consumers: Born Violators
- Consumer forum asks bank to compensate customer for breaking locker without following RBI norms
- Are you addicted to sugar foods?
- Forum orders immigration firm to refund Rs 1.74 lakh and $5,700, fines Rs 50,000
- Bank with Care
- Insuring against Tsunami
- Hallmarking of Gold
- Gemstones: Fortune or Business Creator
- Central investigation agency will probe companies cheating consumers
- The New Consumer Protection Law
- Food Standards
- Cancer Survivors Day Special
- 12 food additives to avoid
- Organic Food
- Yogurt a Top Health Food
- Egg Story
- Juicing for health
- Chocolates: should they be refrigerated?
- Infant Foods
- Misleading Ads
- Food Safety Concerns – When, Where and How to Report it
- The first-ever trade-liberalization package from WTO India got food security flexibility
- A Reflection on Consumer Rights
- Consumer Rights and Responsibilities
- Consumer Safety in India
- Know Your Quality Marks
- Sulphites: the Asthma culprit
- IT – Health Apps
- Ayurvedic, Siddha & Unani Medicines
- Education is a Service
- Consumers and RTI – the Right to Information Act, 1986
- Check your spices: there could be dung, sand, husk, colour…
- Medical negligence, do not suffer silently, claim compensation
- Compulsory hallmarking, new BIS standards for gold jewellery
- FAQs on Solar Photovoltaic System
- Tennis star Sharapova charged with cheating and conspiracy
- What is Basmati Rice and how is different from other varieties?
- Nutritional Value of Rice
- World Day of Remembrance ( WDR ) for road accident victims
- All districts of Delhi to have consumer courts
- Solar Rooftop System Buying Guide
- All about unwanted Commercial Calls
- Operational Guidelines: How to use a Travel Card
- Travel Cards: All FAQs answered
- Some Healthy Tips for sugar free diet
- Supreme Court cautions Unitech homebuyers: Consumers Don’t Expect to Profit from Your Loss
- 19th Nov – World Day of Remembrance(WDR) Jaipur, Rajasthan
- 19th Nov – World Day of Remembrance(WDR)Panchkula, Haryana
- World Day of Remembrance(WDR) Noida, UP
- Tobacco products still available around Delhi schools despite ban – Consumer VOICE Field Research reveals
- Antibiotic Resistance
- Help Road Crash Victims without Fear – SC Issues Guidelines on Protecting Good Samaritans
- On children’s day Citizens Awareness Group presses upon passing Motors Vehicle Bill-2017
- 10 Things To Do When You See a Victim of Road Accident
- When can a hospital be charged for medical negligence?
- Tobacco – A Menace Among Children
- FEMA Act 1999 or Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 (FEMA)
- Consumer protection is in New India resolution
- Consumer Rights in case of Misleading Advertisements – A Case Study
- How Safe Are Our Roads for Children?
- COTPA Act openly violated near schools in Delhi
- Energy Saving Devices
- Relief for Buyers as Supreme Court stays Insolvency Proceedings Against Jaypee
- Sugar tax in Australia by 2019
- Rs 60,000 fine on Maruti for denying repair in warranty
- What is Food Carbon Footprint
- Credit Card Features
- Breast reduction cannot always be cosmetic surgery
- Adopt Vegan Cheese or Dairy Free Cheese for a Healthy Environment
- What is Saturated Fat?
- Types of Credit Card Frauds
- Greenhouse Gases and Greenhouse Effect
- Rs 12,000 compensation for having to pay Rs 21 extra
- Green Action Week Campaign 2017
- What is Organic Food 2017
- How to Reduce Food Carbon Footprint
- No sale of sugary drinks in schools across the EU
- Green Action Week Workshop – From Farm to Plate (7th October) 2017
- Press Release on Road Safety Urging the Government to Pass MVA Bill 2017
- Is your Kitchen HACCP safe?
- Credit card tips for smart users
- Things credit card companies do not want you to know
- Green Action Week Workshop on Organic Food – From Farm to Plate (25th September)
- Moderate consumption of fats, carbohydrates best for health: Study
- Airtel asked to pay Rs 44.5 to consumer for internet data loss
- Car Safety Workshop-Hyderabad 15 Sept.2017
- Consume protein thrice a day: Study
- Car Safety Workshop 14th September 2017 – Bengaluru
- TV Buying Guide: Which one to buy LED or LCD or OLED?
- GMO Foods or Genetically Modified Goods – Should you Eat them?
- Oil Shelf Life
- Allahabad Bank asked to pay Rs 5.10 lakh for misplacing customer’s property documents
- Road Accidents Decrease While Fatalities Increase in 2016
- How is GMO Food Labeling Done?
- Recovery of Guarantor Loans
- WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF GROUNDNUT OIL?
- What are the GMO Pros and Cons?
- Organic Certification and Symbols for Organic Food in India
- Are Organic Food Products Healthier and Expensive too?
- Summons to celebrities including Govinda and Kapil Dev for selling fake club memberships
- Digital Literacy Initiative – Training of Trainers Workshop: 19th August 2017
- The Impact of GST Your Restaurant Bill
- Understanding ETFS or Exchange-Traded Funds
- Sunflower Oil Benefits
- SBI asked to return land papers by Ernakulam forum
- RBI Banking Ombudsman: Your go-to point for disputes concerning banking services
- Safer Cars Workshop in Patna in Collaboration with Janaki Foundation (August 11, 2017)
- How is sugar made?
- Car Safety workshop on August 10, 2017 in Ranchi, Jharkhand
- All about fuel efficiency
- Air Conditioner Buying Guide
- Benefits of Ghee and Cow Ghee
- Digital Literacy Initiative – Training of Trainers Workshop: 29th July, 2017
- Digital Literacy Workshop (Training of Trainers) in Partnership with Dignity Restoration and Grievance Settlement 27 July 2017
- Omega-3 food can help fight bowel cancer
- 7 Car Safety Features that could help save your life
- Car Safety workshop
- Car Safety workshop
- Digital Literacy, Training of Trainers Workshop – July 13, 2017
- Food Advertisements complaints reported on Advertising Standard Council of India ( ASCI) portal
- Sahara ordered to refund Rs 84 lakh to 12 homebuyers
- Digital Literacy, Training of Trainers Workshop- July 11, 2017
- For charging Rs 5 extra, retail chain fined Rs 55,000 by consumer court
- Food Safety and Standards Act 2006 (FSSA)
- Goods and Services Tax (GST) Benefits and Features
- Goods and Service Tax GST Rates and GST Slabs List
- Case Study: Consumer Forum Cannot Change its own order
- Report a problem with food on the Food Safety Connect Application ( App)
- Section 12 Consumer Protection Act – Legal Boost to Unionisation of Consumers
- Pradhan Mantri Pension Yojna (Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana)
- Digital Literacy, Trainging of Trainers Workshop – June 29, 2017
- Difference between Atal Pension Yojna and Pradhan Mantri Pension Yojna
- Digital Literacy, Training of Trainers Workshop- June 27, 2017
- Consumer VOICE organising a Car Safety workshop
- J&J talcum powder can cause ovarian cancer; brand loses third trial in California and asked to pay $70 million to complainant
- Stages of Cancer: Claims and Payouts in case of Cancer Insurance Plan
- Buying Guide to buy the Best Cancer Insurance Plans
- Food additive found in candy, gum could alter digestive cell structure and function
- GATS Report Shows Sharp Decline in Tobacco Consumption in India
- Difference between Ice Cream and Frozen Dessert
- World No Tobacco Day Celebration 2017 by Consumer VOICE and its State Partner – Guwahati (Assam)
- Digital Literacy
- World No Tobacco Day Celebration 2017 by Consumer VOICE and its State Partner – Shimla (Himachal Pradesh)
- World No Tobacco Day Celebration 2017 by Consumer VOICE and its State Partner – Bhopal(MP)
- World No Tobacco Day Celebration 2017 by Consumer VOICE and its State Partner – Chandigarh(Haryana)
- World No Tobacco Day Celebration 2017 by Consumer VOICE and its State Partner – Telangana(Hyderabad)
- World No Tobacco Day Celebration 2017 by Consumer VOICE and its State Partner – Rajkot (Gujarat)
- World No Tobacco Day Celebration 2017 by Consumer VOICE and its State Partner – Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh)
- Consumer court rules in favour of duped jobseeker
- Tobacco – an evil we live with
- Diet soda may increase risk for stroke and dementia
- There may be a connection between diet foods and weight gain: Study
- Latest Income Tax Rules
- All you need to know about Infrastructure Mutual Funds (MF) Investments
- What is flavoured milk?
- Micronutrients Deficiency Diseases List
- Food Fortification Resource Centre (FFRC)
- Consumer Protection Act Amendment of 2002: Disputes on deals with commercial purposes
- Food Fortification: Advantages and Disadvantages
- Know your Milk Nutrition Facts
- Doctor left surgical sponge inside uterus; ordered to pay over Rs 2 lakh
- What Is Packaged Drinking Water?
- Consumer Voice supports ministry of consumer affairs’ decision to make service charge voluntary in all restaurants
- Case Studies: Receivers of Free Treatment are not Consumers
- Decrease Speed Increase Longevity 2017
- Types of Mutual Fund Investments
- All you need to know about LPG Insurance Cover and Cooking Gas Accidents
- Interesting Facts About Tea and 3 Simple Ways to Test Quality of Tea
- What’s in your black tea?
- Don’t put stringent and absurd conditions in insurance policy: Consumer court
- Supreme Court bans sale of BS-III vehicles from April 1
- Microbiological limits for milk/milk products applicable at retail level too
- No import of food items with less than 60% shelf life: FSSAI
- Consumer Conversation Series – Road Safety Menace: Can the New Bill Address These Issues 2017
- Include bidis in GST regime
- What is food extrusion or extrusion cooking?
- Let’s March Ahead with Motor Vehicles Amendment Act
- Life is a Highway – But be Safe on Roads 2017
- HANDY TIPS FOR BIKE INSURANCE CLAIM OR TWO WHEELER
- Urging Parliamentarians for Speedy Passage of MVA Bill 2017
- Soak rice overnight to reduce risk of heart disease, cancer
- World Consumer Rights Day- Building a Digital World-Consumers can Trust
- Insurance firm asked to compensate for denying accident claim
- Consumer court rules no claim for obesity surgery
- Railways ordered to pay Rs 10,000 to passengers
- Court orders replacement for faulty TV, slaps fine
- Whole grains increase metabolism, may help in weight loss
- Eating prebiotics may improve sleep, buffer impacts of stress
- Consumer VOICE Outreach – Tobacco Control: Higher Taxation Needed
- Browned toast and potatoes carry ‘cancer risk’, say scientists
- Education not commodity, student not consumer: Consumer forum
- Digital Safety for Consumers
- Railways ordered to pay Rs 68 lakh to man for permanent disability
- Towards third-party certification of lead-free paints in India
- Time is Ripe for Need of Safer Cars in India
- 5 Indian made cars fail crash test.
- A Reality Check for Safer Cars on Indian Roads 2017
- Surakshit Khadya Abhiyan
- Cooking oils: Choose the best
- Aseptic Processing
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
- All about Canned Food or Processed Food
- Consumer VOICE Organized Cyclothon to Promote Safer Roads and Child Safety2017
- VOICE organised National Training of Trainer’s Workshop for the Internet Safety
- Railways asked to pay up for lost luggage
- Doctor asked to compensate for damaging patient’s eye
- Voice Outreach – Cyclothon to promote safer roads and child safety 2017
- Promoting Car Safety-Guide to Buying a Safer Car
- Hospital ordered to pay 1.5 lakh compensation to woman for deficiency in service
- World Day of Remembrance (WDR) for Road Safety in Cuttack (Odisha)
- World Day of Remembrance (WDR) for Road Safety in World Day of Remembrance (WDR) for Road Safety in Kolkata
- World Day of Remembrance (WDR) for Road Safety in Bihar
- World Day of Remembrance (WDR) for Road Safety in Lucknow, UP
- World Day of Remembrance (WDR) for Road Safety in Bhopal
- World Day of Remembrance (WDR) for Road Safety in Himachal Pradesh
- World Day of Remembrance (WDR) for Road Safety in Assam
- World Day of Remembrance (WDR) for road accident victims in Chandigarh
- World Day of Remembrance (WDR) for Road Safety in Rajkot
- There is a ‘Paid News’ epidemic
- Green Action Week 2016
- A Workshop to release White Papers on the theme : Evolving Behavior of Indian Consumers on Mobile
- Workshop organized by Consumer Voice on the “Evolving Behavior of Indian Consumers on Mobile”
- Road Accidents: Stringent Laws are the need of the hour
- Safer Cars in India
- More than 60 per cent of loose edible oil in market is adulterated: CGSI
- RAMPANT ADULTERATION IN LOOSE EDIBLE OIL SOLD OPENLY DESPITE BAN – REVEALS A REPORT BY NGO CONSUMER VOICE 2016
- Education is a Service
- Check your spices: there could be dung, sand, husk, colour…
- Workshop on Car Safety
- Cinderella Women
- Huge Differences in the Sugar and Salt Content of Global Breakfast Cereal Brands
- National Meet of NGOs – Road Safety
- Body Wash And Shower Gel
- Are Body Lotions The Perfect Winter Care
- Staying Safe Online
- Consumer VOICE team participated in the walkathon event organized at India Gate
- Special feature CSR
- Road Safety Advocacy
- Consumer VOICE organized Capacity Building workshop 2015
- Bloomberg Initiative for Global Road Safety December 2015
- WALK FOR BETTER ROADS
- VOICE organised “Kisan Goshthi”as a part of Green Action Week for the farmers of Village Baknner,Narela in Delhi 2015
- VOICE organised “Kisan Goshthi”as a part of Green Action Week for the farmers of Village Sabhapur, Chauhan Patti
- Kisan Goshthi: Training Sessions through Experts 2015
- VOICE Kisan Goshthi on Organic Farming and reduction of Pesticides Campaign at Village Rajpur Khurd,Chattarpur in Delhi 2015
- Do sunscreens work?
- Children’s Safety must be the first priority on roads
- VOICE Kisan Goshthi on Organic Farming and reduction of Pesticides Campaign at Fateh pur Satbari 2014
- VOICE Kisan Goshthi on Organic Farming and reduction of Pesticides Campaign at kharak goan – 2014
- VOICE Kisan Goshthi on Organic Farming and reduction of Pesticides Campaign at Thokar Village for farmers on 21st OCT
- VOICE Kisan Goshthi on Organic Farming and reduction of Pesticides Campaign at Thokar Village for farmers on 21st OCT 2014
- VOICE Green Campaign at Rajpur Khurd Delhi
- Necessity of energy efficiency star labeling in India