Latest from our Health Blog
Critical Insurance Cover – Do You Need One?
You are living a happy life with your loved ones, you have a good job, a decent income and suddenly your medical reports state that you have a critical illness that needs long term treatment and is too costly to be true. What can help you in such a situation? […]
7 Things you should know before buying a Health Insurance Policy
Life has its ups and downs and one needs to be prepared. Medical adversities can occur at any point in your life. Having a health insurance is very important, for both yourself and your family. The main function of a health insurance is to safeguard you financially if any […]
Importance of health insurance in India
In this fast paced life with high levels of pollution and unhealthy eating habits, one needs to protect oneself. If there is a medical emergency, will you use all your savings ? You will have to if there is no medical cover. It is important to invest in a health […]
Evidence for health benefits of non-sugar sweeteners weak
There is no compelling evidence to indicate important health benefits of non-sugar sweeteners, and potential harms cannot be ruled out, according to a review of more than 50 published studies in The BMJ.Although several non-sugar sweeteners are approved for use, less is known about their potential benefits and harms within […]
Doctors’ Duties, Consumers’ Fears and the laws in-between
When you visit a doctor, you expect a degree of competence and a diagnosis that you can trust. However, findings of a few studies indicate that trust in doctors working at private hospitals is declining. The number of medical negligence cases in India is going up by nearly 100 per […]
Ceramics in your home may cause cancer
The findings, led by the University of Plymouth in England, showed that cadmium ceramics wares and glass painting in your house might contain high levels of cadmium that could raise the risk of cancer.Cadmium is commonly used to give products a bright red, orange or yellow pigment, but over time […]
Maternity benefits not applicable only to live births
The Pune consumer forum has slammed a private insurance company for denying maternity benefits to a woman who had to abort her 23-week twin foetuses due to medical complications. After a five-year battle by the victim, the court rapped the firm for acting unjustly and ordered full payment and compensation.Radha […]
Antacids: Not healthy over the long term
There are these advertisements that feature individuals gulping down food in excessive amounts, leading to indigestion (also known as heartburn and acidity). This discomfort is often shown to be eased by the branded antacid, and invariably has a funny and loud burp as an accompaniment. The portrayal is funny but […]
Delhi consumer commission orders hospital to pay Rs 25 lakh compensation
The Delhi State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission has asked Jaipur Golden Hospital to pay Rs 24 lakh as compensation and Rs 1 lakh as litigation cost to the family of a man, Nitin Dabla, who died there during treatment due to deficient service.“This may serve the purpose of bringing about […]
Keep patients info private: Andhra Pradesh consumer commission
The Andhra Pradesh State Consumer Redressal Commission has asked doctors and hospitals to not share patient information unless required by a court of law, and warned of possible legal consequences if they go against this. The Commission was dealing with a home-loan case against SBI. The Commission stated that maintaining […]
Rancidity: Effects on health and tips to avoid rancidity
Ever wondered why the walnuts taste bitter only a few days after buying them? Do you ever wonder why the bag of potato chips has more air than the amount of chips in it? The bitter taste in the walnuts is due to a bio chemical process ‘ called rancidity […]
Ban on growth drug oxytocin from July 1
All private manufacturing of oxytocin will end from July 1 and its production for domestic use will be restricted to only one public sector company, Karnataka Antibiotics and Pharmaceuticals Limited (KAPL).Oxytocin is a naturally-occurring hormone that causes uterine contractions during labour and helps new mothers lactate. But its misuse is […]
Parabens or Preservatives: in your food and makeup
It is common to find the claim ‘parabens-free’ on a label these days. Such claims can be specifically found in some cosmetic products. The question, then, is: what are parabens and why has the claim that something is ‘parabens-free’ become an important and differentiating factor? Is it because parabens are harmful […]
Loving foods that love you back
Nutrition and health are much talked-about subjects but do we really make rational consumption choices in our everyday lives? Here are some foods that will do you good, and others that will make you overdraw on your body’s energy reserves
Ever really taken a
Blood Pressure Monitors : Checking on your Health
Home blood pressure monitors are especially important for the elderly, pregnant women, diabetics and people with kidney disease. Experts recommend that if you are buying one, choose one with an upper-arm cuff, not a wrist or finger device, as they can be most inaccurate
9 ways to eat healthier right now
Food marketers and fitness proponents, both are cashing in on the consumer anxiety and fetish with health. Yet, junk foods and several other foods with no nutrition are hogging shelf space in markets. From the health and environmental perspectives, there are foods that one
Wasting all that food
Think.Eat.Save. The people behind World Environment Day this year have most certainly deliberately left out the spaces between the words. Perhaps so that we make the connection between our food choices and the larger impacts of these choices—and realize that the connection is too
A little science in the kitchen
How to make food—specially fresh produce—last long enough to be used up
Did you know that storing cabbage, cucumbers, and leafy vegetables alongside tomatoes and apples causes the greens to decay? This is because some foods are great ethylene-producers and quickly spoil other foods
Chemicals in your breakfast bread
It has been found time and again that processed and packaged food, however ‘natural, contains additives and chemicals that are controversial, or outright harmful to human health. Bread, that is the most common processed breakfast food, has a suspected tumour-causing additive, Potassium Bromate, in
Dietary Fiber: Types and Benefits of High Fiber Diet
Dietary fiber is commonly known as roughage or bulk. It includes the parts of plant foods our body can’t digest or absorb. Nutrients in food like fats, proteins or carbohydrates are broken down during digestion and absorbed by our body for its normal functioning. However, certain nutrients are not digested […]
How to improve air quality in your home?
Fully insulated homes, with windows double-glazed and lofts lagged, save on energy costs. But this can also seal in the pollutants that are found in the home. These pollutants are created while cooking, from using cleaning products and toiletries, or from an open fire.
Adults shouldn’t have to wear diapers
Even though it does not get a ton of mainstream press, Urinary Incontinence is more prevalent than most people think… and it’s definitely no laughing matter. Call it a weak, leaky or overactive bladder… Urinary Incontinence affects many people around the world. Urinary incontinence
Do you believe in Ayurveda?
Ayurveda may be the worlds most ancient system of medicine and healing, but its revival in the 21st century will depend on whether the system can have state-of-the-art research and development facilities. With multi-billion dollar pharmaceutical companies giving Ayurveda tough competition, Ayurvedic drugs will
Reducing salt intake may help manage blood pressure and prevent water retention. If you are taking medication for these conditions, it is still important to reduce salt intake to help the medication work more effectively.
Pregnant women should not restrict the amount of sodium
Make your diet starve cancer
A multitude of antioxidants and phytochemicals in fruits, vegetables, and legumes are being studied intensely by cancer experts as a result of some promising studies showing these foods anti-cancer properties. This research is leading people to believe that a vegetarian diet may be one
Bt Brinjal : Temporary Relief
The questions about GM technology that are relevant to consumer safety, whether they be farmers or average consumers are the concern of consumer organizations like VOICE. The very first one of these is: Are genetically modified crops safe to consume , especially
Banned Sub-Standard Spurious Medicines
Indian Healthcare sector has come a long way, being almost non-existing during 1970’s to a prominent provider of health care products, meeting almost 95% of country’s pharmaceutical needs and is expected to become a US$280 billion industry by 2020.
An innovative weight loss treatment per session
An innovative weight loss treatment per session
With people becoming extremely cautious about weight and are reducing the diet to be in shape, VLCC, the largest players in the wellness domain with leadership status in slimming, beauty and fitness services has introduced innovative slimming
Cancer Survivors Day Special
Cancer Survivors Day Special
CancerJust the name is enough to scare anyone. During the whole process of cancer treatment apart from physical trauma patient goes through an entire roller- coaster of emotions. Death is the first word that comes to patient”s mind when diagnosed with cancer.
12 food additives to avoid
Hungry? How does a cheese sandwich on whole wheat with potato chips sound? Does munching on nitrate, sodium stearyl lactylate, and monocalcium phosphate have the same appeal? Probably not, but a look at the ingredients of pre-packaged stuff and almost every other type of
Chocolates: should they be refrigerated?
The recent episode when live worms were found in Cadbury’s Dairy Milk chocolate has shown how the seemingly safe food product can become hazardous to health. The excuse that Cadbury’s is putting forth is that the worm infestation has been due to poor storage
The practice of breastfeeding is almost universal in India barring a few urban educated women and the high socio-economic groups. The later groups too are now beginning to appreciate the advantages of breastfeeding.
Universally it is now recognized that breastfeeding is a very important
Sulphites: the Asthma culprit
Few people know that there are preservatives in foods like sulphites which can trigger breathing difficulties in asthma patients. In many countries, sulphites are recognised as potential allergens and labelling them clearly on the product label is required by law. In India, the standards
Ayurvedic, Siddha & Unani Medicines
From 1st April 2010, Ayurveda, Siddha and Unani medicines sconspicuously display the date of expiry on the label of container or package and after the said date of expiry, these medicines shall not be in circulation. This is as per notification dated 15th October,
Check your spices: there could be dung, sand, husk, colour…
This is not just another article to inform you about what harm can be caused by eating adulterated spices. That much has been talked about enough and you know all that you should. This write-up is more of a practical guide for you to
Medical negligence, do not suffer silently, claim compensation
NCDRC orders Delhi hospital, doctors to pay Rs 64 lakh for medical negligence
The apex consumer forum has ordered Delhi-based private hospital Maharaja Agrasen Hospital and three of its doctors to pay Rs 64 lakh to a woman for medical negligence that is deficiency
We all have used antibiotics to treat severe bacterial infections at some point or the other. But medics are now concerned about the misuse that has contributed to a rise in disease causing bacterial resistance.
What is Antibiotic Resistance?
When an antibiotic drug no
When can a hospital be charged for medical negligence?
What is the responsibility of hospital towards its patients? How is a government-run hospital different from a private hospital or nursing home with regard to settlement of responsibility vis-á-vis deficiency in service? What are the role and responsibilities of a doctor towards their patients? Responsibility of Hospital The foremost responsibility […]
Tobacco – A Menace Among Children
The prevalence of tobacco smoking in India among minors aged between 15-17 years and adolescents between 18-24 years has reduced according to the latest GATS-2 (Global Adult Tobacco Survey) report of 2016-17. The situation is still alarming and remains a serious cause for concern .
Breast reduction cannot always be cosmetic surgery
A consumer court in Ahmedabad has dismissed an insurance company’s argument that breast- reduction surgery is invariably cosmetic. The court ordered the insurance company, which had denied a 55-year-old woman’s claim, to pay all costs for the mammoplasty she had undergone. The woman had incurred medical costs amounting to Rs […]
What is Organic Food 2017
Organic food is the result of a farming system which avoids the use of pesticides and man-made fertilisers, Organic farming promotes ecological balance and conserves biodiversity. They are produced without use of genetically modified or GM components.
Myth vs Reality#MythOrganic Food
No sale of sugary drinks in schools across the EU
The European soft drinks industry, represented by UNESDA, has announced that it will voluntarily cease sales of drinks containing added sugars in secondary schools across the EU. The move expands the existing decade-long policy of banning soft drinks from primary schools and will impact over 50,000 secondary schools and more […]
Organic Certification and Symbols for Organic Food in India
It’s true, of course, that there’s relatively less awareness about organic products, what goes into the process, how is their credibility established, what are the long-term effects, and so on. consumers often assume that foods that are labelled ‘organic’ are good for health and
Are Organic Food Products Healthier and Expensive too?
Many studies suggest that organic foods products are safer and healthier than other conventionally grown food items, in addition to being better for the environment. Organic fruits and vegetables and other products have less chemical exposure and some products are more nutritious than the conventional food products. Benefits of Organic […]
J&J talcum powder can cause ovarian cancer; brand loses third trial in California and asked to pay $70 million to complainant
In the United States, Johnson & Johnson has lost a third straight trial while defending a claim that its talcum powder can cause ovarian cancer. Deciding against evidences, arguments and justifications given by the company’s lawyers, a St Louis jury awarded a California woman who had sued the company more […]
Stages of Cancer: Claims and Payouts in case of Cancer Insurance Plan
Some facts for you to ponder:
There are over 100 types of cancers which can affect human beings.
Any part of a body can be affected at any time and without any warning signals.
The incidence of cancer is
Diet soda may increase risk for stroke and dementia
A new study, published in the American Heart Association’s journal Stroke, links diet soft drinks to an increased risk for stroke and dementia. Researchers studied more than 4,000 people over 45 who had filled out food-frequency questionnaires and had periodic health examinations between 1991 and 2001. The scientists trackedtheir health […]
There may be a connection between diet foods and weight gain: Study
People trying to lose weight should stop reaching for ‘diet’ foods, according to a new study that found that the high levels of sugar in the products could actually be having the opposite effect.A team of researchers at the University of Georgia fed a group of rats a diet high […]
Doctor left surgical sponge inside uterus; ordered to pay over Rs 2 lakh
The Gujarat State Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission has upheld a Surat consumer court’s decision ordering a gynaecologist to pay over Rs 2 lakh to a patient for forgetting a surgical sponge in her uterus after a caesarean in 2003. The consumer court in Surat had held the doctor responsible for […]
What Is Packaged Drinking Water?
It is water derived from varied sources including surface, ground or sea and subjected to treatment like decantation, filtration (including aeration filtration with membrane filter, cartridge filter, activated carbon filtration), demineralisation, mineralisation and reverse osmosis. The packaged water is also disinfected before being packed
Check your spices: there could be dung, sand, husk, colour…
This is not just another article to inform you about what harm can be caused by eating adulterated spices. That much has been talked about enough and you know all that you should. This write-up is more of a practical guide for you to find out if spices in your […]
- E Cigarettes Act 2019 Explained
- Road Accidents in India – A Stark Reality for All
- State Level Consultation for Sensitization of Stakeholders to Mandate the Strict Implementation of Vendor Licensing in Goa
- The Curse of Child Labour and Generating Consumer Awareness
- Air Purifier
- Green Action Week Workshop in Vivek Vihar and Ghaziabad
- Education Loan
- Water Purifier
- Workshop on Tans Fats with Government School Teachers in Mayur Vihar
- Green Action Week Workshop in Rajpur Khurd village
- Student Workshop on Trans Fat on World Food Day
- Stakeholders Consultation in Assam to adopt new rules of Motor Vehicles Act 2019 to strengthen road safety
- Stakeholders Consultation in Chandigarh to Adopt new rules of Motor Vehicles Act 2019
- OYO: Your Stay Provider
- Media Dialogue on Hypertension Management and Elimination of Trans Fatty Acid in Telangana
- Stakeholders’ Consultation on Road Safety
- Green Action Week 2019 – An Interactive Workshop with the Student Community
- Workshop on Green Action Week in Soami Nagar, New Delhi
- Hypertension – How to say goodbye to hypertension
- Run for a healthy Heart – An event to sensitise people on trans fat
- Take note of your daily food intake
- Want to keep your heart safe? It’s time to avoid these 5 foods rich in trans fat
- New set of Health Warnings on all Tobacco Products
- 6 Things to Keep in Mind Before Taking an Education Loan
- Should You Take an Education Loan for Higher Studies
- Is Microwave Cooking Safe?
- Consumer Protection Bill, Product Liability and Brand Protection
- 10 Best Reasons to Have Oats
- How to Avoid Artificially Ripened Fruits?
- Oats – Are Oats Healthy?
- Has Microwave Ovens Made Life Simple for Us?
- Thank you for Supporting the Consumer Protection Bill
- The fight against NCDs and trans fat
- Digital Payments and Risks
- Air Conditioner
- The Health-Oriented Faceoff : Mustard Oil vs. Rice Bran Oil vs. Olive Oil
- 6 Secrets to Avoid Getting Scammed Via Misleading Ads
- Top 7 Education Loans for Indians Seeking Foreign Education
- How to Increase the Shelf Life of Mustard Oil?
- Whitening Toothpaste – Does It Really Whiten Your Teeth
- FAQ On Filing Consumer Compliant Online
- Charcoal in Toothpaste – Is it good or bad?
- Is the Ice Cream You Buying Worth It?
- How to Ensure Filing Consumer Court Complaint Online Becomes Fruitful?
- Trust Cannot File a Consumer Protection Case as per the Consumer Protection Act
- How can Consumer Protection Act be a Boon
- Higher Taxation by GST Council will curb Tobacco Addiction
- National Consumer Commission Directed ICICI Prudential To Pay Rs. 5 Lakh To A Consumer For Denying Claim
- Doctor Is Vicariously Liable For The Acts Of His Team Members: National Commission
- Apex Consumer Court Directs Mercedes Benz To Pay Rs 2 Lakh To Customer As Compensation For Manufacturing Defects In Vehicle
- Apex Consumer Commission Directs Supertech to Refund 1 Crore To Homebuyer for Delay in Getting Occupation Certification (OC)
- Benefits of Ceiling Fans: How they Add Joy to Your Life
- Ceiling Fan Buying Guide – Handy Tips to Know Before You Buy a Ceiling Fan
- Surprising Facts About Ceiling Fans That No One Told You
- If you want to Breathe, Protect the Environment NOW!
- World No Tobacco Day – Bhopal-MP
- Critical Insurance Cover – Do You Need One?
- Is Milk Giving Our Children Enough Calcium?
- Top 10 Health Benefits of Mustard Oil
- How to Detect Ammonia in Our Food?
- Frost-Free Refrigerators vs.Direct Cool Refrigerators
- Best Way to Use a Frost-Free Refrigerator
- Dismissal Of Consumer Complaints On Mere Technical Grounds, Defeats The Purpose Of Ensuring Justice: Supreme Court
- National Commission Has No Jurisdiction To Entertain Revision Petition In Execution Proceedings: Supreme Court
- World No Tobacco Day 2019
- Is India ready for E-commerce?
- Lourdes Society Snehanjali Girls Hostel and ANR Vs M/s. H & R Johnson (India)
- National Insurance Co.Ltd vs Hindustan Safety Glass Works
- Moulivakkam Trust Heights Flats Affected Buyers Association & Other
- Ambrish Kumar Shukla & 21 ors. Vs. Ferrous Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd.
- Right to Online Privacy Without Rules
- 7 Things you should know before buying a Health Insurance Policy
- Types of Toothpastes
- Medicated Toothpastes – Pros and Cons
- Wrong Diagnosis Is Not Medial Negligence- Supreme Court
- Buyer Can’t Wait Indefinitely For Flat, Supreme Court Asks Developer To Refund The Amount Along With Interest
- Free Speech Cannot Be Silenced By Fear Of Mob: SC Fines Mamata Government For Shadow Ban On Political Satire
- Charging For Paper Carry Bags Amounts To Unfair Trade Practice; Consumer Forum Fines Bata Rs. 9000
- Importance of health insurance in India
- Why Are Co-Operative Banks in India Essential for the Country?
- You Won’t Believe How Beneficial Food Fortification Can Be!
- English Magazine August 2019
- English Magazine July 2018
- E-Cigarettes Survey Report
- 13 Reasons Why You Need to File Income Tax in India
- Frauds in Indian Education Sector and How to Stay Away from Them
- 5 tips to keep your skin healthy this summer
- Foods to Avoid During the Indian Summer
- FSSAI Announces New Packaging Regulations 2018
- English January 2019
- Big Tobacco-Tiny Targets Survey State Dissemination-Madhya Pradesh
- Big Tobacco-Tiny Targets study survey study dissemination – Tamil Nadu
- Pros and Cons of Branded Curd: Should You Buy One?
- How to Beat the Heat with Curd?
- Facts About Nutrients in Curd: It’s Truly Worth It!
- It’s time for consumers to wake up from their deep slumber!
- Curd vs. Yogurt vs. Probiotics: The Ultimate Faceoff
- Health Ministry Issues Advisory to States to Ban E-Cigarettes
- Big Tobacco-Tiny Targets Survey State Dissemination in Gujarat
- Big Tobacco-Tiny Targets Survey State Dissemination in Assam
- Home loans for low credit scores
- National commission directed builder to pay heavy damage for duping the consumer
- Apex Consumer Court Directed SBI To De-Freeze Pensioner’s Account Stating That “Pension Is For Survival Which Cannot Be Attached”
- Supreme court enhanced award of compensation and said it cannot go restrictive just because the victim is from poor and rural background
- Builders Can’t Give Excuse Of Approvals, Delay Flats On The Ground Of Force Majeure
- English Magazine Preview January 2019
- Panel Discussion – Consumers Should Be Protected Through Strong Laws
- Is Artificial Intelligence a friend or foe?
- Home Loans – Requirements and Eligibility
- Different types of Home Loans in India
- In the memory of late Professor P.K. Ghosh
- Ombudsman Scheme for Digital Transactions (OSDT)
- Organic Foods – Can they all be termed ‘organic’?
- Smart TV
- Frost Free DD Refrigerator
- Smart Products – a Boon or a Bane
- State Level Workshop for Sensitization Of Stakeholders to Support Tobacco Vendor Licensing Vijaywada, Andhra Pradesh
- City Level Workshop for Sensitization Of Stakeholders to Support Tobacco Vendor Licensing Tirupathi, Andhra Pradesh
- Classic Cornflakes Biscuit Recipe
- Importance of Travel Insurance for Overseas Travel for Students
- Indian Consumers: Arise, Awake To Urge Adaption Of Consumer Protection Bill
- Remembering Victims on WDR – OPEd in Financial Express by Parvesh Verma
- RERA – What, Who and How
- Homebuyers Are Not Allowed To Reap Benefits Of Their Own Delay In Taking Possession- Supreme Court
- Ordinance on Road Safety
- Things You Should Know About Pressure Washer Surface Cleaner
- Types of Surface Cleaners
- Things You Should Know About When Considering Overseas Travel Insurance for Pre-Existing Conditions
- NCLT DELHI INITIATES INSOLVENCY PROCESS AGAINST EMAAR MGF LAND
- Insolvency proceedings against real estate firm Emaar MGF Land
- Filing of ‘Class Action’ Consumer Complaints
- Filing of ‘Class Action’ Consumer Complaints
- 7 Simple Ways to Use Your Television Efficiently
- How to Choose Your TV Channels Wisely
- Pros and Cons of Surface Cleaners
- How to Find Health Insurance for International Student Travel
- Making the Smart Choice – Select the best surface cleaner
- Cornflakes – Your Morning Friend or Foe?
- From the Factory to the Bowl – The Process of making cornflakes
- Evidence for health benefits of non-sugar sweeteners weak
- Maggi controversy: SC revives government’s case against Nestle India in National Commission
- A curious case of erroneous verdicts, wrong interpretations and arzi-farzi proxy counsels
- Personal Income Tax Provisions for FY 2018–19
- City Level Workshop for Sensitization Of Stakeholders to Support Tobacco Vendor Licensing in Assam
- Does Your Food Claim Too Much?
- State Level Workshop for Sensitization Of Stakeholders to Support Tobacco Vendor Licensing Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- City Level Workshop for Sensitization Of Stakeholders to Support Tobacco Vendor Licensing in Madhya Pradesh
- Light of Hope for Consumers
- Road Safety Week 2019 – Sadak Suraksha – Jeevan Raksha
- Filing of ‘Class Action’ Consumer Complaints
- World Cancer Day
- World Consumer Rights Day 2019
- 10 Facts You Did Not Know About Instant Noodles
- City Level Workshops on Tobacco Control in Gujarat
- National Release of the “Big Tobacco Tiny Targets” Study
- Best butter for baking pound cake
- Importance of Wet Wipes
- What are chit funds?
- Doctors’ Duties, Consumers’ Fears and the laws in-between
- What’s Bad or Good About Instant Noodles?
- Importance of Packing of Butter
- How to Buy the Best Inverter
- Difference Between Solar Inverter and Normal Inverter
- Big Tobacco-Tiny Targets
- Salted or Unsalted Butter: Which Should I Use When?
- Differences between white butter and yellow butter?
- The Silver Leaf on Your Food – Is it safe for consumption?
- Ceramics in your home may cause cancer
- Food labels encourage healthier choices: Study
- Jet Airways to pay Rs 25,000 for changing flight without permission
- Maternity benefits not applicable only to live births
- What is E Payment and Types of E Payment Services
- Is it safe to shop online with a debit card?
- How to Use a Debit Card Online Safely: Debit Card Safety Tips You Mustn’t Ignore
- OP-Ed on Road Safety by Shri Baijayant Jay Panda
- Are Assured Return Schemes Likely To Be Declared Illegal By SEBI: Impact On Homebuyers And Builders
- Remedy Under RERA If No Builder-Buyer Agreement Is Executed
- Supreme Court Reiterates That Builders Can’t Force Buyers To Go For Arbitration Even After 2015 Amendment
- HRERA Gives Homebuyers Superior Right To Satisfy Claim
- State Level workshop for sensitization of stakeholders to support tobacco vendor licensing – Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Jago Grahak Jago Youth Festival, 2018 – Event Update
- Six Positive Changes in New Consumer Protection Law Passed in Lok Sabha – An Analysis by Prof Sri Ram Khanna & Consumer Voice Team
- State level workshop for sensitization of stakeholders to support tobacco vendor licensing – Ahmedabad
- What are hand sanitisers?
- Internet banking – private or nationalised banks have better services ?
- Online Banking Guide: The Advantages and Disadvantages
- A Stitch in Time Saves Nine – The Urgent Need to Pass the MVA Bill before it is too late
- Should You Go for Front Loading or Top Loading Washing Machine
- Want to Save on Utility Bills? Here’s What You Can Do to Boost Energy Efficiency in Washing Machine
- Top Washing Machine Features in Demand Right Now
- 2017 witnessed a 3% decline in road accident death, though fatalities remain high
- Recent Verdicts from Consumer Forums across India
- Did you know that your health information is confidential?
- What are Marie Biscuits Made Of?
- What are Dietary Fibers and How They Make You Healthy?
- Chit Funds (Amendment) Bill, 2018 – What’s amended and what’s not
- Think before you clean your hand with that hand sanitiser
- Simple Tests to check Adulterated Sweets
- State Level workshop for sensitization of stakeholders to support tobacco vendor licensing in Assam
- Liquid Mutual Fund – Buying Guide
- Home Buyers Entitled for Interest on Refund Even After Accepting Refund: National Commission
- Consumer VOICE Press Release on Road Safety 2018
- PDF Testing
- Supreme Court Warned State Governments For Non-Appointment Of Lokyukta/Uplokayukta
- TRAI to Have Supreme Authority Over Television Channels and Bouquet Prices – Supreme Court
- World Day of Remembrance – Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh)
- World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims (WDR) – Chandigarh
- World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims (WDR) – Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- How to choose the best Liquid Mutual Fund
- What are Liquid Mutual Funds?
- Antimicrobial Agents in the Food Chain – Use and Misuse
- Things to Keep in Mind Before Buying your TV
- Streaming Devices to make your TV smart
- Where Can You File a Complaint against Fraudulent Ponzi Companies?
- Is your food spoilt?
- To Invest or Not Invest in Ponzi Schemes
- Ponzi Scheme – Precautions to take
- Use of Antimicrobial Agents in India
- Importance of Food Preservation
- Aadhaar judgement: Supreme Court clarifies what needs to linked and what does not need to be
- Is Your Utensil Bar Environmentally Friendly? How to Check?
- Utensil Bar Soap vs. Utensil Liquid Washers: Which One Should You Go For?
- World Day of Remembrance 2018 – Remember and Reflect, Remember and Respond
- Ncdrc Raps Insurance Company For Ambiguous Term; Ordered The Insurance Company To Pay Additional Compensation Of 2 Lakhs For Unfair Trade Practice
- India Ranks Fifth in Pictorial warnings in the world and only SAARC country with Quit Line Number
- Increase Cess on tobacco products to increase revenue for disaster management
- National Commission: Insurance Claim cannot be denied on ground of Common Lifestyle Diseases
- Air Quality
- National Commission directed Unitech to pay 58.41 lakh to the aggrieved homebuyer
- Murder to be treated as accidental death while claiming insurance: National Commission
- National Commission ordered Indigo Airlines to pay rs. 20,000/- for leaving behind the passengers
- Apex Consumer Court directed Indian Postal Service to pay Rs 24.8 lakhs to Jain Brothers
- Homebuyers can seek higher compensation than what is mentioned in agreement for delayed flat: National Commission
- Green Action Week plantation drive on Sharing Community – Clean Air for All: 21st October 2018
- Check Air Quality Index
- Tamil Nadu bans E-cigarettes following Government Advisory
- A tale of three builders – Unitech, Amarpali and Jaypee and many many homebuyers
- Buying Guide: How to buy Best Term Life Insurance Plans?
- Buying Guide: Types of Water Purifiers – RO, UV, UF and Candle Filter
- Submitting ‘Execution’ Petition at Consumer Court: Is there a timeline?
- Health Benefits of Honey: Why you should include healthy honey in your diet
- What Makes Honey Organic?
- Green Action Week plantation drive on Sharing Community-Clean Air for All: 6th October 2018
- Antacids: Not healthy over the long term
- How to check purity of Honey?
- Consumer Protection Act is not a tool to create ’nuisance Value’ In Government Offices: National Commission
- Green Action Week plantation drive in Soami Nagar Model School, New Delhi-3 October 2018
- Towards a Cleaner Greener Delhi through Plantation Drive
- Financial Planning Basics: Creating a Financial Plan in Six Simple Steps
- Green Action Week 2018 -Plantation Drive- 8th September 2018
- How to File an RTI Online?
- Delhi consumer commission orders hospital to pay Rs 25 lakh compensation
- Keep patients info private: Andhra Pradesh consumer commission
- Buying Guide: Kitchen Chimney Price, Capacity, Comparison of Models and more
- Awareness Meet on the Dangers of Tobacco and E-Cigarettes in Panaji, Goa
- GATS 2 Report – An Increase in Tobacco Consumption in Some States in India
- Op-Eds on Motor Vehicle (Amendment) Bill 2017
- All About Paneer: how to make paneer, nutrition facts and how to buy and store paneer
- Payment Banks: So that no one is left out
- SC remands Jaypee matter to NCLT leaving homebuyers in an unresolved state
- How airlines estimate flight ticket cancellation charges? Are they legally valid?
- Know About Cold-pressed Juices, Oils and other Food Products
- Case Study: PROVISIONS OF RERA WOULD BE APPLICABLE TO LONG TERM ‘LEASE AGREEMENTS’ by Lavasa WHERE SUBSTANTIAL INVESTMENT IS MADE: BOMBAY HIGH COURT
- What is E Aadhar Card? | E-Aadhar Card Benefits
- Download E Adhar Card Online | E-Adhar Card Status
- Guide to Buying a Safer Car
- A Comprehensive Guide for Retirement Planning in India
- Delhi High Court Asks Railways to Create a Mediation Policy
- How to Wash Clothes | Laundry Tips that Anyone Can Try
- Smart TV Converter | Convert TV to Smart TV
- Smart TV Buying Guide: What is a Smart TV? | Smart TV Features
- The Most Definitive Guide to Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna
- Reliable Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna Bank List
- Case Study: Consumer can’t claim compensation if the “Necessary Parties” are not included in the Consumer Court Case
- Retailer ordered to compensate for selling cake post expiry date
- Delhi consumer court fines government department for deficiency in service
- Understanding the Cooperative Banking Structure in India
- List of Cooperative Banks in India
- Cooperative Banks: Cooperative Banking meaning, their limitations and how are they different from commercial banks
- CONFLICT BETWEEN THE PROVISIONS OF INSOLVENCY AND BANKRUPTCY CODE, 2016 AND REAL ESTATE (REGULATION AND DEVELOPMENT) ACT, 2016
- All You Need to Know About Filing GST Return Online
- GST FAQs – What is GST, Benefits, Implementation and More
- How to do GST Registration Online and Get a GST Number?
- Rancidity: Effects on health and tips to avoid rancidity
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana (ABY) | National Health Protection Mission
- What are E-Cigarettes or Vapour Smoke and what are the health hazards of E-Cigarettes?
- Ban E-Cigarettes to Secure Future
- Beware of Additional GST on MRP and Discounted MRP Levied by Unethical Retailers
- Haj pilgrims are not consumers, can’t claim refund, says top consumer court
- Ban on growth drug oxytocin from July 1
- National Pension Scheme (NPS): Eligibility, Joining Process and Types
- What is Rice Bran Oil?
- Buying Guide: Laptop Features, Types of Laptops and more
- Are you a SMART Consumer ?
- Study by Consumer VOICE Revealed upto 85% adulteration in Loose Edible Oils
- Buying Guide: How to choose the best retirement plans
- Living Will becomes crucial since Passive Euthanasia is legal in India now
- Types of Perfumes and Fragrances: The scent of sweet somethings, but there may be a catch
- Ban on e-cigarette announced by Health Minister Shri Vijay Bhaskar in the state of Tamilnadu
- Is your toothpaste healthy? Do you know the harmful ingredients toothpaste can have?
- Buying Guide: Smartphones – features and Operating Systems
- Delhi high court asks railways to set up a mediation policy after deciding 30 years accident claim
- National Workshop on Road Safety – 19th June, New Delhi
- Buying Guide: How to get the Best Top up Medical Insurance Plan?
- What happens to Fixed Deposits in case banks or finance companies go bankrupt?
- Time is Right for Making Road Safety a National Priority
- Alcohol bottles will start carrying ‘don’t drink & drive’ label
- Hundreds of fridges, freezers and fridge freezers currently on sale in shops across the UK are potentially unsafe
- WHO releases REPLACE programme to eliminate industrially-produced trans-fat acids from food supply
- World No Tobacco Day 2018
- Key Differences Between Mediation and Arbitration
- Consumer Interest Protected by National Company Law Appellate Tribunal
- What are cornflakes? How are they made?
- Bank must compensate woman for sharing info with estranged husband
- Railways must compensate for dosa served with iron screw
- Tobacco Breaks Hearts
- What is 80c?
- Buying Guide for Coffee Makers ( Coffee Machines)
- How to Apply for a PAN Card Online?
- Packers and Movers are Service Providers : Some cases of Negligence
- Railways can’t be blamed for chain snatching through window: NCDRC
- Raw fruit and vegetables beneficial for mental health
- Artificial sweeteners can still lead to obesity and diabetes, study claims
- Currency notes likely to cause diseases: Food safety authority
- Good news for pensioners: Medical reimbursement cannot be denied because treatment was in non- empanelled hospital
- File Income Tax Return Online with These Simple Steps
- Have a Grievance against a NBFC? There is an Ombudsman to go to
- Not Allowed to Board a Flight? The airline could be at fault
- If there are deficiencies in your flat, complain within 2 Years of possession
- Can Consumer Forums Set Aside the Arbitration Clause?
- Do you know the ingredients in your shampoo?
- Latest Income Tax Slabs for FY 2019-20
- Learn Facts About Coffee
- Know the best coffee makers (coffee machine) between 900 to 4K
- Everything you need to know about packaged milk
- Case Studies: Flat buyers can unite as one party against builders under Section 12 of CPA Act
- Consumer Voice Urges Nitin Gadkri To Join Hands With The UN General Assembly In Their Resolution To Tackle Global Road Safety Problem
- Guidelines of Dietary Salt for Indians by WHO and National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad
- Hyderabad Forum slaps Rs 50,000 fine on insurance company
- No need to pay extra for bottled water at cinemas, malls and airports: Ram Vilas Paswan
- Abide by what you say: Consumer court directs Chhattisgarh Housing Board
- Consumers can approach civil and consumer courts too for compensation in case denied boarding: DGCA
- Commercial Vehicle Insurance Claim Process
- Parabens or Preservatives: in your food and makeup
- What Does the Package Commercial Car Insurance Policy Offer?
- What is the inverter technology in air conditioners?
- Introducing ISEER Rating – Indian Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio
- The Advantages and Disadvantages of an Inverter AC
- 10 Tips to have the most energy efficient AC to lower the electricity bill
- How to Install an AC: Principles of AC Installation
- Adoption of the United Nations General Assembly resolution on road safety by India
- Consumer VOICE and its State Partners Hail the Ministry’s Decision on Pictorial Warning on Cigarette Packs
- NOTE and Consumer VOICE meet in Goa on tobacco control and role of media
- Common Symptoms of Diabetes and Types of Diabetes
- Food Advertisements complaints reported on Advertising Standard Council of India ( ASCI) portal
- Media Sensitization – Press Meet at Chandigarh on 30th March, 2018
- Consumer VOICE’s Rejoinder to TRAI White Paper on Measurement of Internet Data Speeds
- The NEW CONSUMER PROTECTION BILL, 2018
- SUPREME COURT ON 13.03.2018 EXTENDS DEADLINE OF 31.03.2018 FOR MANDATORY LINKAGE OF AADHAAR WITH BANK ACCOUNTS, MOBILE AND PAN TILL THE DISPOSAL OF AADHAAR CASES
- Builders can’t force Buyers to go for Arbitration
- Press Meet on Tobacco Intervention at Chennai Press Club on 27 th Feb 2018
- SBI guilty of deficiency in service
- Forums in Delhi are faced with a backlog of 18,000 cases
- WORLD CONSUMER RIGHTS DAY 2018- WORKSHOP ON “NEED FOR BETTER QUALITY OF INTERNET SERVICES TO MAKE INDIA TRULY DIGITAL
- Most Common Food Adulterants and Harmful Effects Of Food Adulteration
- Food Adulteration Tests
- Prevention of Food Adulteration Act 1954 and Food Safety and Standards Act 2006
- Aakash Institute penalised for poor service
- SBI to compensate for issuing recovery notice for settled loan
- Health Benefits of Curd
- Microwave Oven Buying Guide
- Inclusions and Exceptions of International Travel Insurance
- Points to consider to finalize Overseas Travel Insurance
- Airtel found guilty of overbilling
- Britannia fined for selling packet with less than printed weight
- Press Interaction Meet – Road Safety, 28 February 2018
- Case Study: Consumer Forums cannot entertain cases pending at Civil Court
- Internet Speed – Where is the Speed?
- Arbitration agreements cannot oust the jurisdiction of consumer forums
- SC gives four weeks to Centre to file model rules on consumer fora
- Press Interaction Meet – Voice of Road Crash Victims and Support from Members of Parliament
- Roopa Vajpeyi: An Era Gone By
- Road Safety Week February 2018 Media Coverage
- Consumer VOICE – ROAD SAFETY WEEK – 5 DAYS – 5 PLEDGES
- Fresh Fruit Juice vs Packaged juice
- All about Second Hand Car Loans
- Washing Machine Buying Guide: How to buy a Washing Machine?
- How to increase the life and efficiency of a washing machine?
- Nominee vs Legal Heir: Let there be no confusion
- Croma store fined for refusing refund on failed transaction
- Digital India – Do we have the Right Internet Speed?
- School asked to refund fee for mistreating child
- 76% of LED bulb brands and 71% of LED downlighter brands in India flout consumer safety standards: Nielsen study
- Electricity company cannot cut power without notice
- Disputes Resolution under RERA Act 2016
- Reducing Fatalities by 50% by 2020 – Where are we Heading?
- Beating Breast cancer
- Loving foods that love you back
- Blood Pressure Monitors : Checking on your Health
- 9 ways to eat healthier right now
- A lot to loss
- Is Soya Healthy?
- Wasting all that food
- A little science in the kitchen
- Chemical Cuisine
- Aman Anti Ragging Movement (Aman Kachroo) – A Case Study
- Builders can’t force buyers to go for arbitration or mediation
- Anti Ragging Law and Ragging in University
- GIR 2016- Limits, Controls and Hampers Consumer’s Right to Information
- Bank Locker Insurance
- Advantages and disadvantages of bank lockers
- Chemicals in your breakfast bread
- White Bread vs Brown Bread
- Types of water heaters and geysers
- Refrigerator Usage Tips: How to Make your Refrigerator Energy Efficient Fridge
- Refrigerator Buying Guide
- Types of Refrigerators
- Refrigerator Storage – How to keep Food Safe in Refrigerator
- Important Refrigerator Features
- Water Heater Buying Guide
- Tips for Hiring a Locker
- What are the RBI Guidelines on Bank Lockers?
- What is the difference between powdered milk and dairy whitener?
- What do Food Labels say?
- Traffic Light Labeling System
- Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA)
- Dietary Fiber: Types and Benefits of High Fiber Diet
- What are ULIP returns and why should I invest in ULIP?
- What is ULIP or Unit Linked Investment Plan?
- What are Associated ULIP charges?
- Cable TV Digitization
- “OIL FORTIFICATION – A Drive against Malnutrition”
- Food Fortification-Why do we need it?
- What is Proprietary Food?
- How to improve air quality in your home?
- Operating Cost of Air Filters
- Types of Home Air Purifier
- Home Air Purifier – Important Terms to know
- Adults shouldn’t have to wear diapers
- Home Loan Complaints – Grievance and Redressal of NBFCs Home Loans
- NBFC Home Loan Interest Rates
- Features and Home Loan eligibility from an NBFC
- Home Loan Insurance from NBFCs
- Do you believe in Ayurveda?
- Salty Health
- To Your Health
- The Wild Side – Where’s the Eco-Tourism
- Make your diet starve cancer
- FOOD SNIPPETS
- Bombay High Court repels builders’ challenge to Real Estate Regulation ACT
- Pesticide in Food
- Bt Brinjal : Temporary Relief
- Buying Organic Food on a Budget
- Eating Right
- Anti-Dumping Norms
- A Thought – Environment Protection
- Indian Consumers: Born Violators
- Consumer forum asks bank to compensate customer for breaking locker without following RBI norms
- Are you addicted to sugar foods?
- Forum orders immigration firm to refund Rs 1.74 lakh and $5,700, fines Rs 50,000
- Bank with Care
- Insuring against Tsunami
- Hallmarking of Gold
- Central investigation agency will probe companies cheating consumers
- An innovative weight loss treatment per session
- The New Consumer Protection Law
- Food Standards
- Cancer Survivors Day Special
- 12 food additives to avoid
- Organic Food
- Yogurt a Top Health Food
- Egg Story
- Juicing for health
- Chocolates: should they be refrigerated?
- Infant Foods
- Misleading Ads
- Food Safety Concerns – When, Where and How to Report it
- The first-ever trade-liberalization package from WTO India got food security flexibility
- A Reflection on Consumer Rights
- Consumer Rights and Responsibilities
- Consumer Safety in India
- Know Your Quality Marks
- Sulphites: the Asthma culprit
- IT – Health Apps
- Ayurvedic, Siddha & Unani Medicines
- Education is a Service
- Consumers and RTI – the Right to Information Act, 1986
- Check your spices: there could be dung, sand, husk, colour…
- Medical negligence, do not suffer silently, claim compensation
- Compulsory hallmarking, new BIS standards for gold jewellery
- FAQs on Solar Photovoltaic System
- Tennis star Sharapova charged with cheating and conspiracy
- What is Basmati Rice and how is different from other varieties?
- Nutritional Value of Rice
- World Day of Remembrance ( WDR ) for road accident victims
- All districts of Delhi to have consumer courts
- Solar Rooftop System Buying Guide