Everyone dreams of having pearly white teeth that are perfectly aligned and make us more beautiful. Unfortunately, most of us don’t have near perfect teeth,andthis compels us to rely on everything that promises to help, be it the baking soda or whitening toothpaste.
If you are an Indian consumer who is thinking about whitening toothpaste- does it really whiten your teeth then you have landed on the correct webpage. Here, we will not only guide you through the pros and cons of whitening toothpastes but will also let you know of a few alternatives that can be quite effective as well.
Pros of a Whitening Toothpaste
The top benefits of using teeth whitening toothpaste are:
- You can get rid of surface stains due to foods like coffee pretty easily.
- Using a whitening toothpaste doesn’t need any extra effort. You can use it as a regular toothpaste only.
- The cost of these toothpastes is not too high when compared to the benefits it offers, yes, we are talking about the pearly white teeth you desire.
Cons of a Whitening Toothpaste
The common issues regarding using a whitening toothpaste are:
- The first side effect of using a tooth whitening toothpaste is that it takes a long time to show the results. Some of you might feel frustrated if they don’t see the results in a day or two.
- Many whitening toothpastes are abrasive,and hence they can attack enamel layer that protects the teeth from decay and sensitivity. If the layer of enamel thins, it can make the teeth look darker than they are and hence cancel out the entire purpose of using a whitening toothpaste.
- People who have stains that are deeper than they appear to be. A whitening toothpaste might not work in such a scenario.
Whitening Toothpaste Alternatives
If you want to try a few alternatives to whitening toothpastes then here are a few options:
- After having teeth staining foods like tea or coffee, make sure that you rinse your mouth.
- Avoid the use of tobacco or smoking.
- Have more cheese, apple or celery as they can rub away potential stains.
- Contact a dentist to get a tooth whitening treatment.
In essence, it can be said that whitening toothpastes can be effective for many people and they may do more damage than good to other people. A smart move would be to talk to your dentist regarding teeth whitening toothpastes and buy a small one. If you are satisfied with the results, then only continue its use. Also, remember that you don’t need to use a whitening toothpaste forever, you can use it for as long as you need it and then switch back to your usual toothpaste.