Latest from our Real Estate Blog
Case Study: PROVISIONS OF RERA WOULD BE APPLICABLE TO LONG TERM ‘LEASE AGREEMENTS’ by Lavasa WHERE SUBSTANTIAL INVESTMENT IS MADE: BOMBAY HIGH COURT
In a recent pronouncement, the Bombay High Court has held that provisions of the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act, would apply in case of agreements styled as ‘Agreement to Lease’ will apply in case of agreements styled as ‘agreement of lease’ when the lease period is long and
CONFLICT BETWEEN THE PROVISIONS OF INSOLVENCY AND BANKRUPTCY CODE, 2016 AND REAL ESTATE (REGULATION AND DEVELOPMENT) ACT, 2016
In recent years, multiple laws have been enacted to consolidate the various sectors and functioning of the country’s economy. Examples include Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016, Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act, 2016 (RERA), and Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017. Quite inevitably, some provisions of the different laws are
If there are deficiencies in your flat, complain within 2 Years of possession
Any complaint against the builder must be made within 2 years of taking possession of the flat. If the buyer delays in filing of case against the builder for late delivery or other shortcomings in the flat, it is bound to be dismissed on
Case Studies: Flat buyers can unite as one party against builders under Section 12 of CPA Act
This article will showcase case studies on flat buyers who can unite as one party against builders under section 12 of CPA Act.In a major relief for aggrieved homebuyers, justices Dipak Misra, AM Khanwilkar and MM Shantanagoudar of the Supreme Court have ruled (in
Arbitration agreements cannot oust the jurisdiction of consumer forums
In a recent judgement, the Supreme Court affirmed that arbitration agreements cannot oust the jurisdiction of consumer forums. The order will benefit homebuyers who usually have an arbitration clause in their agreements with the real estate companies. Such clauses lay down that in cases of disputes, aggrieved consumers will have to
Bombay High Court repels builders’ challenge to Real Estate Regulation ACT
The new judgement by the Bombay High Court upholding the constitutional validity of the RERA Act or Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act, 2016 rhas brought cheer to the thousands of homebuyers staring at uncertainty due to unfinished and delayed building projects all over India. The parliament had
Tennis star Sharapova charged with cheating and conspiracy
Five-time Grand Slam champion Maria Sharapova has been charged with cheating and conspiracy by Gurugram police. As per the complaint, Sharapova had endorsed a proposed luxury housing project in Gurugram that was later abandoned by the builders, duping hundreds of investors and buyers.
In 2012, Sharapova had launched
Supreme Court cautions Unitech homebuyers: Consumers Don’t Expect to Profit from Your Loss
The dispute between homebuyers and real estate players has now skewed in favour of homebuyers, thanks to various Supreme Court judgements. The apex court acknowledges the suffering that homebuyers are going through for not receiving the possession of their flats. At the same time, it is important to
Relief for Buyers as Supreme Court stays Insolvency Proceedings Against Jaypee
Here is some relief for home buyers of Jaypee Infratech as the Supreme Court on September 4th, 2017 stayed the insolvency proceedings against Jaypee Infratech after the judgment passed by National Company Law Tribunal, Allahabad at the instance of IDBI Bank Limited. Being unsecured creditors as opposed to
Sahara ordered to refund Rs 84 lakh to 12 homebuyers
The district consumer court in Pune has directed Sahara Prime City Limited, a project by Sahara India in Dhanori, to refund a total of Rs 84 lakh with 9 per cent per annum interest and Rs 5,000 cost to each of 12 homebuyers for deficient service.
Section 12 Consumer Protection Act – Legal Boost to Unionisation of Consumers
Corresponding with the increase in exploitation of flat buyers by several unscrupulous builders, a large number of buyers have commenced litigation against builders. Since it may be difficult to fight a builder alone, consumers have taken advantage of the provision under Section 12 (1) (b) of Consumer Protection
- A tale of three builders and many, many homebuyers
- Buying Guide: How to buy Best Term Life Insurance Plans?
- Buying Guide: Types of Water Purifiers – RO, UV, UF and Candle Filter
- Submitting ‘Execution’ Petition at Consumer Court: Is there a timeline?
- Health Benefits of Honey: Why you should include healthy honey in your diet
- What Makes Honey Organic?
- Green Action Week plantation drive on Sharing Community-Clean Air for All: 6th October 2018
- Antacids: Not healthy over the long term
- How to check purity of Honey?
- Consumer Protection Act is not a tool to create ’nuisance Value’ In Government Offices: National Commission
- Green Action Week plantation drive in Soami Nagar Model School, New Delhi
- Towards a Cleaner Greener Delhi through Plantation Drive
- Financial Planning Basics: Creating a Financial Plan in Six Simple Steps
- Green Action Week 2018 -Plantation Drive
- How to File an RTI Online?
- Delhi consumer commission orders hospital to pay Rs 25 lakh compensation
- Keep patients info private: Andhra Pradesh consumer commission
- Buying Guide: Kitchen Chimney Price, Capacity, Comparison of Models and more
- Awareness Meet on the Dangers of Tobacco and E-Cigarettes in Panaji, Goa
- GATS 2 Report – An Increase in Tobacco Consumption in Some States in India
- Op-Eds on Motor Vehicle (Amendment) Bill 2017
- All About Paneer: how to make paneer, nutrition facts and how to buy and store paneer
- Payment Banks: So that no one is left out
- SC remands Jaypee matter to NCLT leaving homebuyers in an unresolved state
- How airlines estimate flight ticket cancellation charges? Are they legally valid?
- Know About Cold-pressed Juices, Oils and other Food Products
- Case Study: PROVISIONS OF RERA WOULD BE APPLICABLE TO LONG TERM ‘LEASE AGREEMENTS’ by Lavasa WHERE SUBSTANTIAL INVESTMENT IS MADE: BOMBAY HIGH COURT
- What is E Aadhar Card? | E-Aadhar Card Benefits
- Download E Adhar Card Online | E-Adhar Card Status
- Guide to Buying a Safer Car
- A Comprehensive Guide for Retirement Planning in India
- Delhi High Court Asks Railways to Create a Mediation Policy
- How to Wash Clothes | Laundry Tips that Anyone Can Try
- Smart TV Converter | Convert TV to Smart TV
- Smart TV Buying Guide: What is a Smart TV? | Smart TV Features
- Reliable Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna Bank List
- Case Study: Consumer can’t claim compensation if the “Necessary Parties” are not included in the Consumer Court Case
- Retailer ordered to compensate for selling cake post expiry date
- Delhi consumer court fines government department for deficiency in service
- Understanding the Cooperative Banking Structure in India
- List of Cooperative Banks in India
- Cooperative Banks: Cooperative Banking meaning, their limitations and how are they different from commercial banks
- CONFLICT BETWEEN THE PROVISIONS OF INSOLVENCY AND BANKRUPTCY CODE, 2016 AND REAL ESTATE (REGULATION AND DEVELOPMENT) ACT, 2016
- All You Need to Know About Filing GST Return Online
- GST FAQs – What is GST, Benefits, Implementation and More
- How to do GST Registration Online and Get a GST Number?
- Rancidity: Effects on health and tips to avoid rancidity
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana (ABY) | National Health Protection Mission
- What are E-Cigarettes or Vapour Smoke and what are the health hazards of E-Cigarettes?
- Ban E-Cigarettes to Secure Future
- Beware of Additional GST on MRP and Discounted MRP Levied by Unethical Retailers
- Haj pilgrims are not consumers, can’t claim refund, says top consumer court
- Ban on growth drug oxytocin from July 1
- National Pension Scheme (NPS): Eligibility, Joining Process and Types
- What is Rice Bran Oil?
- Buying Guide: Laptop Features, Types of Laptops and more
- Are you a SMART Consumer ?
- Study by Consumer VOICE Revealed upto 85% adulteration in Loose Edible Oils
- Buying Guide: How to choose the best retirement plans
- Living Will becomes crucial since Passive Euthanasia is legal in India now
- Types of Perfumes and Fragrances: The scent of sweet somethings, but there may be a catch
- Ban on e-cigarette announced by Health Minister Shri Vijay Bhaskar in the state of Tamilnadu
- Is your toothpaste healthy? Do you know the harmful ingredients toothpaste can have?
- Buying Guide: Smartphones – features and Operating Systems
- Delhi high court asks railways to set up a mediation policy after deciding 30 years accident claim
- National Workshop on Road Safety – 19th June, New Delhi
- Buying Guide: How to get the Best Top up Medical Insurance Plan?
- What happens to Fixed Deposits in case banks or finance companies go bankrupt?
- Time is Right for Making Road Safety a National Priority
- Alcohol bottles will start carrying ‘don’t drink & drive’ label
- Hundreds of fridges, freezers and fridge freezers currently on sale in shops across the UK are potentially unsafe
- WHO releases REPLACE programme to eliminate industrially-produced trans-fat acids from food supply
- World No Tobacco Day 2018
- Key Differences Between Mediation and Arbitration
- Consumer Interest Protected by National Company Law Appellate Tribunal
- What are cornflakes? How are they made?
- Bank must compensate woman for sharing info with estranged husband
- Railways must compensate for dosa served with iron screw
- Tobacco Breaks Hearts
- What is 80c?
- Buying Guide for Coffee Makers ( Coffee Machines)
- How to Apply for a PAN Card Online?
- Packers and Movers are Service Providers : Some cases of Negligence
- Railways can’t be blamed for chain snatching through window: NCDRC
- Raw fruit and vegetables beneficial for mental health
- Artificial sweeteners can still lead to obesity and diabetes, study claims
- Currency notes likely to cause diseases: Food safety authority
- Good news for pensioners: Medical reimbursement cannot be denied because treatment was in non- empanelled hospital
- File Income Tax Return Online with These Simple Steps
- Have a Grievance against a NBFC? There is an Ombudsman to go to
- Not Allowed to Board a Flight? The airline could be at fault
- If there are deficiencies in your flat, complain within 2 Years of possession
- Can Consumer Forums Set Aside the Arbitration Clause?
- Do you know the ingredients in your shampoo?
- Latest Income Tax Slabs
- Learn Facts About Coffee
- Know the best coffee makers (coffee machine) between 900 to 4K
- Everything you need to know about packaged milk
- Case Studies: Flat buyers can unite as one party against builders under Section 12 of CPA Act
- Consumer Voice Urges Nitin Gadkri To Join Hands With The UN General Assembly In Their Resolution To Tackle Global Road Safety Problem